INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 133894 times)

Antoine.

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2016, 11:05:36 am »

To have the Playlist ID displayed right besides the creation date and the notes. It is a pain to have to create a dedicated smartlist just to find this information...

Sincerely,

Antoine
Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2016, 11:58:56 am »

To have the Playlist ID displayed right besides the creation date and the notes. It is a pain to have to create a dedicated smartlist just to find this information...

Sincerely,

Antoine

Do you just want the ID to use in MCWS?

I'm a little worried about littering the main interface with a detail that's normally internal.

Thoughts?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »

There are times when you want the playlist ID, but you're right:  It's mainly when using core commands.  I've most commonly seen this with doing things like making hot keys that play playlists.  I think that's probably where Antoine is using them, based on an earlier thread.

The playlist ID seems like a property of the playlist, so if the interface had a "properties" dialog of some sort, that's where I would put it.  Looking around, I'm just not sure where it makes the most logical sense.  <right click on list> Properties would be logical perhaps.

Brian.

Antoine.

• World Citizen
« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2016, 01:28:28 pm »

Do you just want the ID to use in MCWS?

I'm a little worried about littering the main interface with a detail that's normally internal.

Thoughts?
This ID could be inserted in the notes? Or in a new Right-Click-Properties-Box, like blgentry suggests?

Or better: let's get rid of theses ID's alltogether and refer to the playlists by their names... ?

Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2016, 02:04:29 pm »

This ID could be inserted in the notes? Or in a new Right-Click-Properties-Box, like blgentry suggests?

Or better: let's get rid of theses ID's alltogether and refer to the playlists by their names... ?

In which function?

Normally you can specify if you're addressing the playlist by path or by ID.  Maybe there's one function that isn't doing that, so just say the word and we'll add it.

blgentry

« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »

In which function?

Normally you can specify if you're addressing the playlist by path or by ID.  Maybe there's one function that isn't doing that, so just say the word and we'll add it.

None of the core commands appear to accept any kind of path.  They all specify "playlistid".  For example, play playlist:  MCC # 30007 .  I think that's the one Antoine is probably using most.  I'm guessing that he's mostly doing this for hot key mapping.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »

None of the core commands appear to accept any kind of path.  They all specify "playlistid".  For example, play playlist:  MCC # 30007 .  I think that's the one Antoine is probably using most.  I'm guessing that he's mostly doing this for hot key mapping.

Brian.

Looking, the core MCWS command:
Playback/PlayPlaylist

Doesn't take a "PlaylistType" like other commands like Playlist/Files, etc.  I'll add it to one of the next builds.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #307 on: January 18, 2016, 07:32:10 am »

Looking, the core MCWS command:
Playback/PlayPlaylist

Doesn't take a "PlaylistType" like other commands like Playlist/Files, etc.  I'll add it to one of the next builds.

Next build:
Changed: Added the PlaylistType parameter to the Playback/PlayPlaylist command so that it's possible to start playback by a playlist name instead of playlist ID.

wburkett

• World Citizen
Feature Requests: Tag display
« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2016, 11:42:24 am »

This is a small request:  when displaying tags for a recording/album, I currently have the option (via the little tree on the left of the "Tag" pane bar) to choose: 

"Show Default Tags
Show Tags with Values
Show Tags in Current View
Show All Tags"

Could "Show User Tags" be added to this list?

I know I could achieve the same effect by going through "Also Show", but it would be nice to be able to focus exclusively on user-defined tags.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #309 on: January 19, 2016, 11:52:11 am »

use the new tag window, and make whatever grouping you want!

Edit:  thanks blgentry, that was cryptic of me

I can't imagine tagging any other way now, the old window is dead to me

blgentry

« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2016, 11:53:29 am »

^ Ferday is referring to the experimental tag action window.  You can find some information about it here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101448.0

It let's you set up your tagging any way you want for each media type/sub type combination.

Brian.

wburkett

• World Citizen
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:04 pm »

^ Ferday is referring to the experimental tag action window.  You can find some information about it here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101448.0

It let's you set up your tagging any way you want for each media type/sub type combination.

Brian.

Wow - that's pretty cool!  Thanks, guys.  (reminder: I'm still a newbie and am learning a lot. )

Bill

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2016, 05:48:52 pm »

Am still thinking positive thoughts each and every day for a cover art slideshow from the right click context menu, based on the currently playing tracks album art folder.  

Positive thoughts  :)

A cover art slide show in standard view based on current playing tracks album/art/ folder -

A right click context menu set up for a cover art slideshow based of the currently playing albums folder (with options for sub folders - /art/images/coverart), and with the option to have the rotated reflection effect (with quality setting).  All on the right click context menu when right clicking over the cover image (standard view).  A cover art slideshow from the currently playing album folder - rotated reflection effect. when the trk changes to another album, so does the slideshow... and so on.

This could also have options to change the speed of transition, not just one but two options here. Long and short transition times and a chaos factor option as well to mix up between long and short image transitions.

And still loving and using the wide scrollbar's ever day in my massive playing now playlist.  Over 3000 entries, and using the kinetic mouse scrolling its a breeze to whizz up and down with the wide scrollbars.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2016, 05:11:26 pm »

I'd like a way to have VideoClock work with Video-only streams as well, which it currently doesn't. I think the easiest way to achieve that is an option to have MC synthesize a silent audio stream when playing back a video without audio.
As side benefits, synthesizing a silent audio stream enables playback speed changes configured in the DSP Studio's "Tempo & Pitch" section to take effect. Also, hypothetically, someone might use a DSP Effect that effectively discards the original audio stream and substitutes something entirely different. That would then work, too, although that situation is something I consider unlikely.

Edit: This should also take effect when the video stream is longer than the audio stream, for example 1 minute of video, but only 45 seconds of audio... in which case it would just "extend" the already-present audio stream, though, so in essence it would make sure that the audio is always at least as long as the video.

CountryBumkin

Re: Feature Requests - Add an "Okay" or "Apply" button to bottom of DSP Studio
« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2016, 08:09:34 am »

This is not a feature that adds any real value - other than making the program more consistent to use. Which I think is important.

Currently all of the other Settings Windows have an "Okay" or "Cancel" button at the bottom that lets the User close the window after settings changes are made.

The DSP Studio settings window doesn't have the "Okay" or "Cancel". You have to close the window by hitting the "X" at the top.

When I first started using MC I wondered whether I was "cancelling out" (closing without applying) or "applying and closing" when I clicked the X.

Of course I know now how it works - but new Users may have the same confusion at first. So being that I'm obsessive compulsive and like consistency, and because I want new Users to understand the program quickly, I suggest this change. ;)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #315 on: January 29, 2016, 08:21:19 am »

This is not a feature that adds any real value - other than making the program more consistent to use. Which I think is important.

Currently all of the other Settings Windows have an "Okay" or "Cancel" button at the bottom that lets the User close the window after settings changes are made.

The DSP Studio settings window doesn't have the "Okay" or "Cancel". You have to close the window by hitting the "X" at the top.

When I first started using MC I wondered whether I was "cancelling out" (closing without applying) or "applying and closing" when I clicked the X.

Of course I know now how it works - but new Users may have the same confusion at first. So being that I'm obsessive compulsive and like consistency, and because I want new Users to understand the program quickly, I suggest this change. ;)

Well the pages aren't even setup to handle a cancel.  So it would be quite a bit of work.

I'm not really feeling it, but your mileage may vary.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2016, 08:43:51 am »

Well the pages aren't even setup to handle a cancel.  So it would be quite a bit of work.

I'm not really feeling it, but your mileage may vary.

I know your busy.  Thanks for listening. Perhaps some day you'll run out of things to do - then you can come back to this suggestion.

Maybe just adding an "Okay" button at the bottom for consistency (next to "Load/Save" button) - which would be basically the same as the "X" at the top, would be easy to do.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2016, 04:41:28 pm »

Maybe just adding an "Okay" button at the bottom for consistency (next to "Load/Save" button) - which would be basically the same as the "X" at the top, would be easy to do.

I had the same concerns when I started using MC.

As there is no way to actually cancel changes made in the DSP Studio anyway, I don't think there is an immediate need to build Cancel Button functionality. Everything done in the DSP Studio is saved, so just add an OK button as CountryBumkin suggests, and people would immediately understand how the dialogue functions. At least, I would have and I think others would also.

User opens the DSP Studio dialogue.
There is only an OK button and a Close using the "X" at the top.
User understands that the OK will save any changes and exit the dialogue.
User understands that the "X" will close the dialogue.
User makes changes and saves them using the OK button. Happy user.
Later, User makes changes in DSP Studio, tries to cancel them with the "X" button. Goes back in and finds changes still there. User not happy, but understands.

Compared with;

User opens the DSP Studio dialogue.
There is only a Close using the "X" at the top.
User doesn't understand how to save changes and exit the dialogue. User not happy.
User works out that the "X" will close the dialogue. Nervously tries it the first time in case all changes just made are lost.
User spends two hours testing that any change made in any part of DSP Studio are saved when dialogue is exited using the "X" at the top.
Later, User makes changes in DSP Studio, realizes they can't cancel them with the "X" button. User not happy, but understands. Spends time changing settings back.
Six months later, User comes back into DSP Studio to make some changes. Finishes 30 minutes work and realises there is no OK button. User thinks they remember that changes are saved when using the "X", but isn't sure. User presses the "X" to exit the dialogue, and immediately goes back in and checks all changes, spending another 10 minutes on the task. User not happy.

This sort of issue, combined with the limited documentation and the need to search a forum to get answers, is why lots of people think MC is only for geeks. I guess that in part answers Jim's question asked elsewhere. Unless a user lives with the software daily, and delves into it regularly, instead of just using it, MC requires some fiddling, testing, and time to use well. The vast majority of people want something close to an appliance, rather than a toolkit. But of course, they still want it to work with all the hardware and software they have, and they want it to work they way they want. But at least JRiver could take advantage of all the training Microsoft has indirectly put into all users.

I'll get off that soapbox now.  ;D

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2016, 10:20:57 pm »

Just realised that there is already a slide show when in standard view, its on the 3D visualizations menu.   

So why not also for the rotated effect cover art in standard view.

What I'm suggesting is a cover art slide show right there on the same right click context menu when hovering over the cover art in standard view. Easily set up to show cover art from the currently playing track/album/s  folder with some sub context menus.  Its 'cover art'  artwork'  'scans' folders.   just while playing that track.  When the track changes to another album /folder then so would the slide show.

A cover art slide show using the 'rotated' effect and maybe even the drop shadow, although I think the rotated effect is the best and would work best with a cover art slide show.

Settings for quality to suit all tastes and GPU/CPU set ups.  Speed, duration, cross fade times etc, quality of the slide show global, quality of the fades (smoothness).

A good solid idea in my opinion,  to add the extra polish on an already great piece of software.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #319 on: February 17, 2016, 10:25:08 pm »

Why are there so many single [Feature Request] threads when the dev's have requested many times to use this one or the Too Easy II thread.   Maybe this thread and the Too Easy II thread should be sticky.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up