INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with TV Show cover art  (Read 3454 times)

JoshAraujo

Problems with TV Show cover art
« on: February 05, 2016, 11:06:42 pm »

Started using a trial of JRiver to get the feels

It's fantastic except for this one major problem I've having. I have a few TV Shows that I have imported into JRiver, and -
1. Organized them into Series and then Season, proper episode numbers
2. Searched for information from TVDb, and saved into my files' tags/metadata
3. DID NOT find images or cover art
4. Found cover art online off of Google and saved it in my video files' location
5. Add from file and selected that cover art
6. Now after a couple of days, the cover art has automatically changed into something else, correct for the series and things, but not my cover art. I don't know where the image files them are, I can't find it anywhere in by or around the tv show video files
7. I have tried remove cover art, add from file again. But no luck
8. How do I change it back to what I want?

Any help please?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with TV Show cover art
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:52:53 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Do the names of the files match TVDB?

Did you move the files after you added the cover art? 

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 09:13:57 am »

Isn't tv show cover art fun  ;D

Something to read:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102902.0
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 09:50:09 am »

Here's the wiki entry on cover art, specifically the part that talks about where cover art is stored:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Cover_Art_Folder

To work with my Series and Season cover art, I use a Categories view that shows Series and then Season.  Then I can right click on the Series art, and work with it's art specifically using the Cover Art menu.  Same thing for each Season.  I don't know of any other way of visually working with Series and Season art.  You can always go directly to the files, as documented in the link above.

I'm unsure why your art was replaced.  Maybe you imported some new episodes?  If so, there's a "get cover art" Task under Configure Auto Import which may be automatically grabbing art for you.  It would be bad if that over-wrote existing art, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 06:35:17 pm »

If so, there's a "get cover art" Task under Configure Auto Import which may be automatically grabbing art for you.  It would be bad if that over-wrote existing art, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

This is what I was thinking, but I just ran a test against one episode of a series, and MC didn't overwrite the Cover Art I had assigned from a random image. MC correctly saved the Cover Art file name (and location when not next to the video file), and retained that information through an Auto-Import process.

Note:
With Series and Season Cover Art, MC would have asked you if you wanted it to copy the Cover Art image to the default Cover Art directory, as per the Options settings, within an appropriate sub-directory. With Episode Cover Art if you answer yes to that question, the Episode Cover Art gets saved to the folder next to the video file. The file is also renamed to match the video file name, or Series or Season as appropriate. You should say yes to that question, usually, unless you really want to keep the Cover art images in another location.
If you answered No to the question about copying the Cover Art, MC will record both the directory name and file name of the Cover Art in the [image] tag.

So, did you say Yes or No at step 5?
Which Cover Art are we talking about here, Series, Season, or Episode?
What do you mean in step 7? After adding a random image to my Episode, I was able to use the "Cover Art\Remove Cover Art" function to remove the link to the image file I selected. MC then displayed what looked like a frame grab from the video file. I then added back the correct image using the "Add from file" function. What didn't work for you?

Also, when you say the Cover Art has changed into something else, do the new images match the images on TheTVDB, or do the image look like frame grabs from the video?
Do you have "Get Movie & TV Info..." turned on for the directory you are watching in Auto-Import?

The only thing I haven't tested is if Auto-Import is automatically run, does it overwrite any of the three types of Cover Art; Series, Season, and Episode. I don't expect it would though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up