INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Tag Question  (Read 1499 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Custom Tag Question
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:22:39 pm »

I create flac files from recordings and in the flac tags, I add some custom fields (MICS, PREAMP, ADC).  I'd like to be able see these in MC, seems simple, but when I added these as library fields, they just showed up as blank on files that I know have them:

Code: [Select]
$ metaflac --export-tags-to=- dmb2015-07-14t01.flac
ADC=Sound Devices 744
ALBUM=2015-07-14 | Cricket Wireless - Bonner Springs, KS | dpa4028.flac16
ARTIST=Dave Matthews Band
ENCODER=xACT 2.36
MICS=DPA4028
PREAMP=Lunatec V2
TITLE=Introduction
TRACKNUMBER=1
DATE=2015-07-14

The ones in this list that don't show in my MC are ADC, Encoder, Mics and Preamp.  Ideally, I want to be able to search on these things, and I wanted to add a few more fields but figured before I went through the effort of adding additional tag lines, that I should figure out how to use them in MC.

Thanks!

blgentry

Re: Custom Tag Question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:26:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure you need to create new Library fields for each of the tags you want to import.  That way they have a place to be imported into.

From this link:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Fields#Tag_Import_Options

To import non-default file tags into Media Center, first create a custom field named exactly as the physical tag appears in the media file. Subsequent imports, or Update library (from tags) will populate the custom field with the file tag values. A tag dump will show the physical file tags for a single selected file.

Good luck!

Brian.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 04:39:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure you need to create new Library fields for each of the tags you want to import.  That way they have a place to be imported into.

From this link:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Fields#Tag_Import_Options

Good luck!

Brian.

Hmmm, I did that and re-ran auto-import, so I must be missing something...

EDIT: as soon as I hit submit, I remembered that I had turned off the update on external changes.  It's now updating 23,857 items for external changes.  We'll see if that's what I wanted to do or not in a few minutes, ha.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »

Ah, I read the doc wrong...  It says Update library (from Tags), not update from external changes.  When doing that, the custom tags now show.  Helps to read it correctly!

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up