INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver : expand channels supported ?  (Read 5005 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
WDM Driver : expand channels supported ?
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:30:28 pm »

Are there any plans to let the WDM driver support multichannel ??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: WDM Driver : expand channels supported ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:04:08 pm »

I actually thought it already supported multi-channel, but I see it reporting that 2 is the maximum channels supported on my home machine.  I'm investigating...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »

If you open the Windows Sound Control Panel, right-click on the device and select "configure speakers", you can configure it to use 2/4/5.1/7.1 channels.
However, since Media Center reinstalls the driver every time it updates, this gets reset back to a 2 channel 16-bit/44.1kHz device every couple of days.

Additionally, when performing the channel test (right-click the device and select "test" once it has been configured to 5.1) Media Center seems to drop the IPC connection immediately as it changes channel, so it only plays every second channel when testing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 08:07:28 pm »

If you open the Windows Sound Control Panel, right-click on the device and select "configure speakers", you can configure it to use 2/4/5.1/7.1 channels.

I can do that, but it still reports 2 channels as the maximum channels on the dialog under supported formats.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 08:15:04 pm »

Oh you're right.
Strange, the built-in speaker test manages to bypass that.

When I loaded up a 5.1 application, I just got 6 channels of static playing in MC.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 11:57:18 am »

Configured the MC audio device to 5.1, played 6 channel in MPC-HC -> DirectSound -> MC -> WASAPI out works just fine here.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

luckyaua

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 04:29:22 am »

i've tried with Kodi to set output on MC (Direct Sound) and all is ok but i've to change sample rate from win mixer (movie with DTS 5.1 48Khz) , i've tried to set output on MC (Wasapi) ok for auto change sample rate according to source (movie with DTS 5.1 48Khz)  but i heard low spl audio with digital noise on speaker why?
THe wdm is not compatible with Wasapi?

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 04:54:38 am »

Is there any way to get the WDM driver to also have input channels, for use in recording the room correction applied in jriver with room EQ wizard?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 10:03:45 am »

Is there any way to get the WDM driver to also have input channels, for use in recording the room correction applied in jriver with room EQ wizard?
Since it is a WDM driver, you have to use the JAVA driver selection in REW anyway. This option in REW lets you select JRiver for the output and a different input for the microphone.

dustobub

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 09:32:45 am »

I've looked around but haven't found any clear way to get full 8 channel support. While I can change the speaker count in the windows sound panel, I am having issues with setting up a 4 way active crossover network inside of JRiver and I feel it's related to the WDM driver reporting only 2 channels. Can anyone else confirm that the high/low crossover filters are working on all 8 channels independently in their setup? Am I missing a hidden setting somewhere?

Thanks,
Dustin

dustobub

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 10:12:50 am »

Hmm. I seem to have gotten things working a bit better now. No idea why. Will post back when I figure it out.

dustobub

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »

Well, I'm still not sure what I did, but just wanted to say that it does appear to be working correctly (8 independent channels w/ DSP) even though it only reports 2 channels in the Windows Sound settings.

kalston

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:25 am »

Works fine for me, I mostly use 5.1/48khz/24bit (sometimes 2.0) and always with ASIO output. Windows reports 2 channels / 16 bit in supported formats though yeah, but that seems irrelevant and without any consequences.

With my new mobo and my i7 I have everything set to lowest latency and Asio set to 10ms and it's flawless, even when running the most demanding applications. Just lovely!
Pages: [1]   Go Up