INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronized playback to not possible with WDM driver and multiple zones  (Read 1803 times)

Nosecrash

My setup is as follows:
I use a single 7.1 USB soundcard over WASAPI and split it up into two zones. When I link the zones and start to play a local media file, everything is perfectly in sync.

As soon as I play an Internet Radio Station  (directly) or Spotify (through the JRiver WDM driver) the zones are always out of sync. Link timing is not helping because sometimes zone 1 is ahead, sometimes zone 1 is behind zone 2.

As a dirty workaround I created a single zone which plays to both physical zones by routing the channels with the parametric equalizer. This is always perfectly in sync, so there is no hardware issue with my system. Actually I confirmed this behaviour on different systems with different soundcards (USB, internal, with ASIO, with WASAPI and with Direct Sound)

Could you please fix this syncing problem? One idea would be to dynamically merge all zones of one sound card. E.G. as soon as I link zone 1 and zone 2, you create an invisible zone1and2 which merges all DSP settings and the playback starts to zone1and2.

Nosecrash

Could someone else confirm this issue? What is the correct way to report an error in jriver? I really need this functionality to work as advitised, this would enable whole house audio in a perfect way.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

My apologies but I don't have the answer for you. However, I can tell you that you have reported the issue correctly; using this forum is the correct and only means of getting support for JRiver MC.

I see that all your posts relate to the same issue. I can feel your pain and frustration. Sometimes neither other users or JRiver staff (I'm not one of them) have the answers, or the time to address all questions.

What I can suggest is that you search the forum for the term "whole house audio" and you will learn who is interested and has experience in the topic. There are a few people around here who are. Then engage them and see if you can solve the issue.

BTW, your workaround is probably close to the best solution, I suspect.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Unfortunately, sync with non-file playback is not something MC20 can do right now, as any "live" sources like streams or WDM do not have inherent sync information to go on, so we would somehow have invent a new mechanism there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up