INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 Won't recognize Gen3 iPod- - ->  (Read 1066 times)

LI-S4

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC9 Won't recognize Gen3 iPod- - ->
« on: September 18, 2003, 07:51:30 pm »

I am running MC9 v 9.0.180 on a Win2kPro machine.  I previously had a Gen2 iPod running on the same version of MC with no issues.  I bought a Gen3 30gb iPod today, running v2.0.1 and am having dificulty getting MC to accept it...

The new iPod is recognized under Win Explorer and has been renamed IPOD in hopes MC will recognize it.

I first installed all the new software that came with the iPod (per the techie at Apple store) in order to format the iPod for Win.

I also installed the MMJB and iPod Manager.  I have since uninstalled both of these components, and rebooted a number of times.

The iPod is displayed in Windows Explorer as G:/iPod and shows in MC under My Computer as G:/iPod.  It does not show up under CD/DVD & Handhelds.  When I try to access the iPod Win requests that I "insert a disk".

I have tried to Restore the iPod per Adam's explicit instructions, but the Updater (v2.o.1) says "Can not lock iPod.  see if any other applications are using the iPod and try again".  With MMJB & the iPod manager removed and MC9 closed, what else can I look for?

The iPod isn't formatted yet...per the About screen.

I tried the quick format but I get the following error "Windows can not format this drive. Quit any utilities or programs using this drive and make sure no programis displaying the contents of this drive. Then try to format again."

If there is a tutorial for Gen3 iPod to make them play happy with MC9 please advise!

Update: That sucked...I still can't get the iPod formatted in WinExp.  Same error as above.  I rebooted in Safe Mode in hopes I could eliminate the application that was capturing hthe iPod but without a full boot the iPod isnt detected in WinExp.  

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC9 Won't recognize Gen3 iPod- - ->
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 05:51:44 am »

When you say you named the iPod "IPOD", just to be clear, we are talking about the Volume Label. It should show in Explorer as IPOD(Drive Letter) not as a tree path (i.e. G:/Ipod).

Please post followups in the main iPod thread here....

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1063306973;start=50#50

I will close this thread to keep the support in one place.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up