INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 Crashes  (Read 2398 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
MC20 Crashes
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:11:06 am »

Hi, I have been having an issue with MC crashing for quite a while now and I have been through the troubleshooting guide on the wiki and followed the recommendations but still haven't got to the bottom of it.

The system in question is acting as an MC server and is on all the time but is not used to actually watch or listen to media itself. The media is accessed by the clients around the house. So what actually happens is that I get the window appear saying "MC20 has stopped responding". this can happen when the system is just sitting idle with no media being accessed.

The server is running Windows 7 64bit and the OS, MC and the library are on an SSD. The media files are all stored on 5 HDD's configured as a storage pool using FlexRAID.

I have re-installed the system from scratch but the crashing persisted and I have completely removed the Internet Security software which I thought initially had improved the crashing but, alas, I think it was only wishful thinking because the crashing is still present.
I have run MemTest86 extensively to test the memory but this always passes without any errors.

Here is a link to the latest error reporting log (I think it is too big to attach directly to this post).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx9vpjrhsfv0a3v/JRiver%20Log%202015-07-25%2011-04-33.zip?dl=0

It is obviously something in my system causing the problem but I don't know how to proceed.

If anyone can shed any light on what could be causing the crashes from the log files I would be very grateful.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 Crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 07:01:24 am »

We will take a look.  Thanks for the log.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:42:34 am »

Thanks Jim.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 02:50:44 pm »

Hi again,

not chasing or anything but just wondering if anyone has had a chance to take a look at my logs yet.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »

While you're waiting, please install 20.0.132 from the top of this board.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 03:13:19 pm »

while your waiting - try running Windows Resource Monitor (bring up task manager >performance>resource monitor) run the program, stream a movie, whatever you normally do with MC and look for any unusually high demands on CPU or Memory or Disk. Also check in Windows Event Viewer for any critical errors or other clues that might help figure out what is going on.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 02:41:12 pm »

while your waiting - try running Windows Resource Monitor (bring up task manager >performance>resource monitor) run the program, stream a movie, whatever you normally do with MC and look for any unusually high demands on CPU or Memory or Disk. Also check in Windows Event Viewer for any critical errors or other clues that might help figure out what is going on.
Nothing untoward showing up in the resource monitor. The thing is that MC quite often crashes when nothing is being streamed from it and it is just sitting idle. I realise something may be going on in the background but quite often there are no external demands being placed upon it when it crashes.

I have also checked the event viewer and there is nothing much in there except for the applications log showing that MC crashed. There is nothing in the system log that coincides with the MC crash.

While you're waiting, please install 20.0.132 from the top of this board.

I'll update it tonight. I have been keeping it regularly updated while trying to get to the bottom of the crashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up