INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem figuring out how to downsample and convert ...  (Read 3103 times)

Lunna

• Recent member
Problem figuring out how to downsample and convert ...
« on: April 18, 2015, 01:57:27 am »

I have 96/24 FLAC files.  No problem converting them to ALAC.  Also, in DSP Studio, I set output for 96 input at 44.1.  But then I get a prompt to "load/save" and if I click on that, it asks me to enter a name - I'm confused; I have no clue what that means.  Do I have to enter a name, and would it be just for one album, or what is this?  If I exit without entering a name, and then open up DSP Studio again, it looks like whatever I left it at,  (that is, it will say 'input 96  output 44.1' but if I then try to convert the files, they end up being ALAC 96/24.  In other words, I can't get the files to downsample to 44.1/16. 

I'm using windows 7.  Again, all I want to do is just downsample some files so that I can put them on my ipod or burn regular redbook cds.  Can someone please give me step by step instructions? 

Thanks.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problem figuring out how to downsample and convert ...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:01:55 am »

When burning A Redbook CD the conversion will take place automatically, you don't need to configure anything in DSP studio.

As for sending to a handheld device, the conversion options are in Tools > Options > Handheld.

The DSP Studio will configure playback options  ;)

M

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 04:21:06 am »

Just set your options and close the DSP Studio window.
The save/load options are to save different DSP Presets so you can load up your 44.1kHz preset or your 48kHz preset etc.

Lunna

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 11:20:06 am »

Thanks - well, I'm still doing something wrong.  Even if I don't 'save/load' and DSF tells me I'm converting my 96 to 44.1, and even if I can get that, I can't seem to convert my 24 to 16.   In other words, my 96/24 FLAC converts fine to 96/24 ALAC, but I can't convert it then into 44.1/16.   (I'm not ripping any CD, but doing the opposite, that is, trying to convert my HDTracks downloads to ALAC format in order to send them to my ipod.)   I know I did this once before, but don't know how I did it.

Sorry to be so dense ...

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 11:32:16 am »

1.  Select tracks and choose to convert them
2.  Select your bit-depth and enable DSP in the conversion options
3.  In DSP Studio select 96kHz in > 44.1kHz out
4.  Close the DSP Studio window, and hit "OK" in the conversion options window
5.  Convert your tracks

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 05:22:56 am »

6, Thank You for confirming this.
I had always used the device options for converting, this is so much more comprehensive and I'm not sure how I missed it!

Luna - sorry if I caused any confusion  ;D

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 09:24:15 am »

Pay attention to step #2 in Mr. 623 instructions.  He's telling you to do two things:

A.  Find the bit depth pull down menu and select 16 bit.  (Or leave it at 24 if you want 24 bit files as output).
B.  Enable DSP processing.  This will allow you to change the sample rate on the next screen after you click on "DSP Settings...".

The conversion tool in JRiver is sort of like the whole program.  It's comprehensive.  It's powerful.  But it's not exactly intuitive the first time you try it.  :)

Brian.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 06:04:10 pm »

Wasn't aware of this feature either. Good workaround but would be nice to have this as option under Device sync. I.e. Automatically convert any new tracks added to playlist synced to device.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up