INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't change Album Type in tags  (Read 2545 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Can't change Album Type in tags
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:33:56 pm »

I need to change an album type from Multiple Artist to Single Artist. When I try using Library Tools, that field is not included in the list for Find and Replace. I tried unchecking all of them and typing the change I want on the right side in the Find What and Replace boxes, but I am then asked to select the fields to process. Album Type is not in the list of fields.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can't change Album Type in tags
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 03:52:16 am »

I need to change an album type from Multiple Artist to Single Artist. When I try using Library Tools, that field is not included in the list for Find and Replace. I tried unchecking all of them and typing the change I want on the right side in the Find What and Replace boxes, but I am then asked to select the fields to process. Album Type is not in the list of fields.

The 'Album Type' field is not editable and is auto genrated by MC.

The field you need to edit is 'Album Artist' which for your album is probably currently set to '(Multiple Artists)'. So just edit this field for all the tracks to read the relevant album artist and then 'Album Type' should also change.

See this wiki article:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Multiple_Artist_Albums#Complete_Albums

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can't change Album Type in tags
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:26:22 pm »

Thank you Russell! I found a single track with a 2nd artist, removed their name from the track and, Bingo!, the Album Type changed to Single Artist.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up