INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colossus Set-up  (Read 1692 times)

tommyr63

Colossus Set-up
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:21:36 pm »

Trying set up my Hauppauge Colossus.  
- Windows 7, 64-bit; DirecTV Satellite Box connected by component video and RCA audio; Hauppauge IR Blaster

Here is what I picked when going through the Television Set-up wizard:
- Digital Cable or Satellite, then set-top box and checked Hauppauge Colossus device box
- IR Device: Microsoft MCE (active)
- Analog channel: YRYBY
- Audio input: line-in
- Blaster device: Hauppauge IR
- Blaster port: 1
- Audio: left the device requires cable unchecked - In the Mixer Device box, I can see my Receiver name and video card
- EPG: chose Philadelphia DirecTV
- Scan: came back with 1,073 channels
- Manage Channels: There are two buttons that I can't see on my screen (I can tab to them, if necessary).  I deleted several hundred channels, then clicked the "red x".
- In Load Guide Data, I clicked "Auto-match" - the channels seemed to be matched correctly.

So, that brought me to the Television tab.  On the bottom left, I see the DirecTV channels.  When All is selected, there are descriptions in the program column, but the channel column is blank.  If I click on a specific channel (lower left), it asks me to double-click and set up the program guide.  I get a message,"Program guide is not valid ..."  Also, watch does not seem to be working.

Where did I go wrong?  Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Colossus Set-up
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:11:18 pm »

The Colossus works with JRiver program. I have the card myself. Do you have the Colossus or Colussus2? Either way - go to TV section of this forum and put "Colossus" in the search window. There are a lot of posts on the subject.

When I set mine up (to copy DirecTV shows) I never got the built in JRiver IR/Scheduler to work with it - but I think that has been improved now. I just used the Hauppauge remote to start a recording. Now that I stopped using DirecTV (I switched to OTA and Netflix), I have not spent much time with the Colossus - so any further help or advice I could provide would be outdated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up