INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about display of video titles  (Read 1709 times)

sgclark

• Recent member
Question about display of video titles
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:33:47 pm »

I have been adding all of my ripped movies to my library, formerly with MC 19 but most recently with MC 20.0.131.  Suddenly, at somewhere slightly north of 1,000 movies, a couple of the built-in views I rely upon have changed behavior.  "Genres", for example, used to show the cover art for all movies, arranged by genre, in the lower part of the right-hand pane.  Now it shows all 1,000 or so movies in a single stack, sometimes (but not always) with the notation "too many files to list".  With over 1,000 movies in the stack, this display style is completely useless to me, which is particularly frustrating because the functionality of the former style was essential to the way I import and tag movies.  Why should there be a limit on the number of movies that can be listed, since the vast majority are below the pane anyway until scrolled into view?  Is there an intentionally baked-in hard limit to what these views can usefully display, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers you can give me.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Question about display of video titles
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:04:24 pm »

hover over your view and see what is checked for list style this may be the culprit
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

sgclark

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »

Thank you for your rapid reply.  Indeed, for the views whose behavior had changed, "Album Thumbnails" was checked rather than "Thumbnails".  Just another demonstration of how much more I have to learn about this amazingly rich software.  All is back to how I like to use those views, and I am no longer dead in the water in my process of constructing my library.

Thanks very much for your help.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:36:56 pm »

your very welcome
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up