INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV view that shows by 'date'  (Read 2451 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV view that shows by 'date'
« on: November 12, 2015, 02:10:46 pm »

I would like to create a TV view (preferably under Shows|Series) that shows episodes sorted by date.  This way, specials should be in order (IE: Doctor Who specials).  I have tried checking the 'Display All as a choice' in Options|Theater View|Items To Show|Series, but I can't seem to get it to sort by date...does anyone have a solution?

CountryBumkin

Re: TV view that shows by 'date'
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 03:37:34 pm »

I may be misunderstand something - this is should be easy to do.

Tools>Options>Theater View, click on the view you want to modify (like "Series") go to Details window, click on the "Series" (you should have "Series" and "Season" in this box) and hit "Edit" button, there is a Settings section with "Sorting" available. If blank you can enter "Ascending".

I found this old photo at my Photobucket account - maybe this will help. If I understand your question ....

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 04:02:26 pm »

EDIT: I see CountryBumkin beat me to a response, but with a completely different understanding of what you  want and how to do it, by the look. Pick the answer you want!  :D

Short version:
You will need a new view for the Series, then under "Set rules for file display", under "Modify Results", add a Modifier to "Sort by" and select "Date (a-z)" as the operator from the list.

Long version:
More specifically, first you will need the MC Date field populated for the episodes from TheTVDB "Originally Aired" date, which is what "Get Movie & TV Info" does, so you should be all good if you have run that for all episodes.

Then you will need to create a new Theatre View Library item under "Items To Show" that does not include the Season detail. You can't use the existing Series Library item as it is already using the Season category to group episodes, and you want to sort outside the Season category, just under the Series category.

I created one called SeriesByDate next to (on the same level as) the standard Series item, with just the Series selected as a Library Item, using the normal "TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)" expression. Then against that SeriesByDate Library item I did the sort mentioned above.

The result is a page full of icons for each Episode within a Series, sorted by (Originally Aired) Date. That intersperses the Specials amongst the episodes, which is what I believe you were looking for.

BTW the "'Display 'All' as a choice" flag was selected automatically when I added the new Library Item, but it isn't required. If selected it just shows an icon for all series in the SeriesByDate view, which then contains all episodes for all series inside it. I never liked to include that in a view.

Pictures speak thousands of words. See below.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 04:18:23 pm »

Thanks!  I went with option 2, as you are right, since they are broken out by season, I couldn't do what I want...but I can now at least see a view where they are in date order for the entire series.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 04:21:09 pm »

Excellent. It should look like this:
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 04:22:43 pm »

It does...the next step is to change it to be text.  I prefer my episodes to be list style.  I have one that for the series view, so I should be able to see what I did and copy it.

Thanks again!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »

That was easy...Toggle List Style FTW!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up