INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Series Name Not being added to TAG  (Read 2836 times)

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
Series Name Not being added to TAG
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:29:39 am »

I have found a case where the Series Name is not being added to the TAG.  If the EPG does not have an episode name for a recording, the Series Name is placed into the "Name" tag and the "Series Name" tag is left blank. The current series "HUMANS" is a typical example, but it has happened multiple times with different shows.  An anecdotal observation is that most of the series missing episode names in the EPG are imports from British TV.

The lack of a series name causes multiple problems.  Multiple recordings of the same show as MC is unable to determine if show was previously recorded, unable to look up metadata in TVDB.

Can the default behavior be changed to use Series Name instead of Name?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Series Name Not being added to TAG
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 06:56:04 am »

The fault may be in the EPG data you are receiving. If you are using XMLTV and can check the XML file content, see if the programs that are having this problem are correctly identified as a Series. I'm not at my PC right now so can't tell you exactly what should appear in the XML file, but there is supposed to be a tag to identify series.

Without the correct Series tag, how would MC know that the program was a series and not a stand alone program, if there is also no Episode name? MC probably assumes that a program is a series if there is an episode name, regardless of a missing tag, but without the tag or an episode name it has nothing to go on.

All program's must have a Name, so that would be why the series name is placed in the Name tag, when that is all the information available.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 07:42:10 am »

The fault may be in the EPG data you are receiving. If you are using XMLTV and can check the XML file content, see if the programs that are having this problem are correctly identified as a Series.

Where is the XML file?
Before MC21, when I ran mc2xml manually it created a file called xmltv.xml which I then imported into JRiver. With MC21 (and the new built in mc2xml process) I can't find this file.

I see an older file at "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows" but the file data is from 7/28 (I have newer xml data than that). So I think this may be left over from MC20 days.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:16:00 pm »

The fault may be in the EPG data you are receiving. If you are using XMLTV and can check the XML file content, see if the programs that are having this problem are correctly identified as a Series. I'm not at my PC right now so can't tell you exactly what should appear in the XML file, but there is supposed to be a tag to identify series.

Without the correct Series tag, how would MC know that the program was a series and not a stand alone program, if there is also no Episode name? MC probably assumes that a program is a series if there is an episode name, regardless of a missing tag, but without the tag or an episode name it has nothing to go on.

All program's must have a Name, so that would be why the series name is placed in the Name tag, when that is all the information available.
Regardless of the cause, which is as I stated due to the fact that there is no episode name, MC needs to improve how it handles this situation.  Simply assuming the lone entry to be an episode name causes errors.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 10:26:29 pm »

Where is the XML file?
I'm not sure where it would be, as I am not using mc2xml, and haven't installed it. But if you search for the term "<programme start=" in files on the drive where it is installed, then you may be able to find it. Otherwise Yaobing will need to answer that question.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 12:40:01 am »

Regardless of the cause, which is as I stated due to the fact that there is no episode name, MC needs to improve how it handles this situation.  Simply assuming the lone entry to be an episode name causes errors.

Interesting. Because there is no such tag as "Episode Name" in XMLTV EPG data, or in MC. I'll just leave you to work it out. I believe you know why I won't be commenting further.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 09:29:22 pm »

Otherwise Yaobing will need to answer that question.

The xml file is not left on hard disk after MC uses it.  You can not find it anywhere.  Sorry.

I might be able to do some tests if you tell me what shows to look for.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up