INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiio X5ii Syncing Playlist Options?  (Read 4179 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Fiio X5ii Syncing Playlist Options?
« on: August 10, 2015, 07:00:14 am »

How well does the Fiio X5ii 2nd gen sync up with JRiver? Is there any known issues I should look out for?

Thanks for any advice  :)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Re: Fiio X5ii?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 04:26:41 am »

Ok so i picked up one of these, really nice device! Sonically superior to an iPod, lightweight, good looking.

The only issue i'm having is the synced playlists that JRiver puts out don't begin with #EXTM3U so the the first track of each playlist is missing on the X5ii, to fix the issue i have to go into each playlist on the X5ii and use a text editor to add #EXTM3U at the beginning, on each re-sync i lose the #EXTM3U so have to do it everytime.

I noticed that if i manually export a playlist from MC20 as 'M3U - extended' then it does have the #EXTM3U prefix. In the X5ii sync options in JRiver i can select many playlist options, absolute paths, relative paths, no drive letter etc... but no option for 'M3U extended', is there a way i can automatically add #EXTM3U to the playlists that JRiver syncs to the X5ii?

Many thanks for any help with this, you'll be saving me a lot of time in the long run  ;)

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Fiio X5ii Syncing Playlist Options?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:38 pm »

Bump  :) Same issue with X5 Gen 2.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:55:45 am »

Perhaps rather than editing each playlist (which can take a while depending on how many playlists you have) you could sync your playlists as usual, then manually export the same playlists as 'M3U - extended' (which automatically adds #EXTM3U) then replace all the sync'd playlists on the X5ii with the manually exported ones. It still takes extra time but could be faster than editing each & every playlist to add the #EXTM3U at the beginning.

I eventually exchanged my X5ii for the X3ii and it syncs perfectly with JRiver everytime.  ?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:25:00 am »

You can write a script pretty easily to fix all of these in one shot if you're so inclined.  If you have Perl installed, it's REALLY easy.  Here's a one-liner that will add your string to the top of any file you name.  You can use wildcards like "*.m3u" if they are all in the same directory.

Code: [Select]
perl -pi -e 'print "#EXTM3U\n" if $. == 1;' "Put the filename(s) here without quotes"
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up