INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 not finding all mp3 and flac files  (Read 1463 times)

loneeagler

• Recent member
MC 21 not finding all mp3 and flac files
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:32:43 pm »

Hi MC 21 is not finding all of my mp3 and flac files, MC12 can find them (and faster)when i do a import but with MC21 it only finds 9331 or so out of 9624. I ran a mp3 error checker and it only found 12 files with header problems. I  have 1330 flac files i can't find anything that checks them.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 21 not finding all mp3 and flac files
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:55:31 pm »

Can you locate a group of files that MC has failed to import?  If so, I would try running import on the directory explicitly with the Import a single folder command (File > Import... > Import a single folder).

Another test would be to try to play one or more of the files that MC won't import using File > Open Media File.

I've read several times about problems with imports being related to VERY long file and path names.  I think anything that is close to 255 characters long is suspect.  If your files are in deeply nested directories, OR if you have really long directory names, that might be part of it.

Finally, I've also read about issues with certain NAS devices; specifically Synology and one or more versions of the firmware that caused odd problems with media files.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up