INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone playback issues, video and audio.  (Read 2581 times)

Wungun

• World Citizen
Zone playback issues, video and audio.
« on: August 14, 2015, 09:36:37 am »

When I shut down MC after playing audio (player zone), and later open a video file by double clicking on it from Windows Explorer, launching MC, it is still in the audio zone...no picture, but audio is present.
This caused me to manually change zones and restart playback.
Current MC 20 build.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone playback issues, video and audio.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:01:39 am »

Do you have any Zoneswitch rules enabled?

Wungun

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 10:04:19 am »

Ahhh...zone switch rules are enabled, but no commands are present. Is this the issue?
Thanks...

Wungun

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:31:28 am »

Switch off zone switch. Issue remains. If in vid zone and I select a music file, it plays to that zone, outputting to my TV.
Playing a video will show picture, but send audio to my amps.
Still need to manually set zones.
This is an unmolested copy of Win 10 BTW.

Wungun

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:35:43 am »

I'll just manually create a rule set...

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:29:48 pm »

Ahhh...zone switch rules are enabled, but no commands are present. Is this the issue?
Thanks...

The lack of commands are the issue; how would MC know where you want things to play unless you provide zoneswitch rules?

csimon

Re:
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:41:23 pm »

The lack of commands are the issue; how would MC know where you want things to play unless you provide zoneswitch rules?

As has been pointed out several times before (since April 2014 in fact), it is not possible to create Zone Switch rules in cases when you are choosing a zone to send to on the fly, e.g. from somewhere else other than MC UI. Could you please explain how this can be achieved?  What command can you possibly give?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 12:52:22 pm »

He said he wanted an audio file to play to an audio audio zone and video file to play in his video zone?  Zoneswitch rules can handle that nicely.  

At least I think he's talking about routing files based on media type.  Where does he mention anything about sending to an arbitrary zone?  

Wungun

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »

Audio player settings, audio output device...
Video zone, different (HDMI) audio device. From there, I think it should be able to extrapolate the diff between a video file extension and an audio one....?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 12:56:12 pm »

Audio player settings, audio output device...
Video zone, different (HDMI) audio device. From there, I think it should be able to extrapolate the diff between a video file extension and an audio one....?

?  I don't understand.  Lots of people use HDMI for audio output, not just video.  Is there such a thing as "audio output device" that couldn't also be used with video?  I'm not sure how that kind of auto-detection would work (other than maybe keying off the name of the zone).  MC can distinguish between file types, which is one of the ways that zoneswitch rules can be specified.

Regardless of how it could work, at the moment if you want automatic zoneswitching, you need to put rules into zoneswitch distinguishing by file type or media type.  There is no auto-detection of zones for zoneswitch.

Wungun

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 01:00:53 pm »

I must of had rules before and they were broke in an update maybe, as this is how I thought MC handled different file types before. And or I forgot. I put the rules and myself previously.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 01:05:00 pm »

If you upgraded to 21, it will lose your rules at the moment.  That should be fixed soon though (per the devs).
Pages: [1]   Go Up