INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 21 and Norton Sonar stopping it being installed properley  (Read 3430 times)

Deamonc

I am unable to install version 21 as Norton's Sonar is reporting that jrweb.exe is behaving suspiciously and removes it. I have had no issues with version 19 or version 20 before. Any ideas what I can do about this?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Version 21 and Norton Sonar stopping it being installed properley
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:58:26 pm »

Tell Norton you have a false positive, and set it to exclude MC and its associated processes.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 11:25:23 pm »

Checksums?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 04:48:47 am »

I am unable to install version 21 as Norton's Sonar is reporting that jrweb.exe is behaving suspiciously and removes it. I have had no issues with version 19 or version 20 before. Any ideas what I can do about this?

I work with Symantec EndPoint and this sort of response is not uncommon. I flick the trust switch on MC quite regularly.

Tell Norton you have a false positive, and set it to exclude MC and its associated processes.

The voice of wisdom. Suggest that this advice be followed.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 06:32:04 am »

I had this with the latest, Windows 10 compatible version of Norton 360. As the others suggest, when it popped up a message and stopped the program working, I just told Norton to allow it, always.

Worked fine since then.

BTW, I'm not on MC21 yet. This happened on MC20.0.126. The problem was obviously with a change in the Norton product.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 04:02:33 pm »

Feature request - Please supply checksums with your downloads. Or maybe I missed them.
Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 04:48:25 pm »

Feature request - Please supply checksums with your downloads. Or maybe I missed them.

Our installer is digitally signed, as long as the signature can be validated (which Windows does automatically when you execute it, or you could do it manually), the integrity of the download is guaranteed.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »

Here's how you can check it yourself:
https://www.grc.com/pw/patchsig.htm
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up