INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Create "Christmas" folder in Shows?  (Read 1767 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Create "Christmas" folder in Shows?
« on: August 19, 2015, 09:42:47 pm »

So I like the Series view on the Shows screen. Except we have a bunch of Christmas programs that are kind of nice to have in inventory, but I don't want them taking up 12 tiles on my Shows screen. I'd like to stuff them all in one Christmas folder. I know you can create custom views in MC, but I want to otherwise keep all of the default behavior for the Series view. Any advice for doing this? Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Create "Christmas" folder in Shows?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:57:20 am »

Just add the word "Christmas" in the field name Series for each Christmas program and that will group them together under one Series View on the Shows screen.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Create "Christmas" folder in Shows?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:46:31 am »

Do you mean Christmas Specials for a particular TV series? If so, then;

As MC collects TV Series data from www.thetvdb.com, it is a good idea to use the same method used on that site. The method they use is to put all Christmas Specials into Season 0 (zero) of the Series. The Episode number is then used to show the sequence of airing for the Special.

Doctor Who (2005), which is the new series of Doctor Who that started in 2005, as opposed to the old 1960's series, is a good example of how this methodology is used.

Take a look at Doctor Who (2005) on thetvdb, and the Specials page for that series.

If you are just talking about Christmas TV specials and such, then giving the program a Series name of Christmas would work fine.

Just be aware that if a program has a "Media Sub Type" tag of "movie", it won't appear in a TV series group, so you can't put all Christmas specials in there. You could change the Media Sub Type to "TV Show" for Christmas movies but that would have disadvantages, or you will have to build a view for say, shows with "Christmas" as a keyword, and then add that keyword to all Christmas shows. Or you could add a Genre of "Christmas" and use the existing Genre views. Either is probably the better solution for mixed TV programs and movies.  But you would need to create a view that included Media Sub Types of both "movie" and "TV Show".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up