INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC slow on third party DLNA controller and Stop failing  (Read 21572 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC slow on third party DLNA controller and Stop failing
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2016, 02:31:30 pm »

Also on the latest stable build of MC21 the standard gapped playback does not work properly.  As a trial with a single instance of MC playing from its own interface to the PC sound card and with track change set on Standard (gapped) with say 5 seconds there is no 5 second gap.  It just goes straight into the next track.

I think the whole thing needs looking at.
This is still over DLNA with one MC pushing tracks to another MC, right?

sorepinky

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2016, 10:35:25 pm »

No.  Within a single instance of MC.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2016, 04:04:20 pm »

No.  Within a single instance of MC.
Why a 5 second gap? I can see where that could cause issues since it's right where the logic that checks for a track switch kicks in.
Used as a renderer I'd expect the settings in MC to use would be gapless and unchecked the "don't play silence..." switch.

sorepinky

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2016, 04:03:01 pm »

Umm... you provide it as an option.  Right up to 16 seconds.

In this particular test I was not using MC as a DLNA renderer.  Just sitting at my PC with a single instance of MC using a mouse and keyboard to test the various track-switching options.  5 seconds was just an example of a large gap (that is an option provided) and it does not work. I.e. there is no audible gap.  2 seconds - same thing.  I don't want a gap - it's just a test.  Surely I'm not the only person who notices these things.  No matter what sized gap you select, there is none.

It would be nice if:

1. all the switch tracks options worked as indicated within MC as a stand-alone, and
2. they also worked as indicated under DLNA control.

For example I like cross-fade smooth and it works perfectly now (controlled using Gizmo or JRemote), and although you have fixed the basic problem (my first post here), under DLNA control (with BubbleUPnP), cross-fade smooth still does not work like it should.

You know - it's more than 6 months since I raised this on the forum and I'm starting to feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and nobody can hear me! :o
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up