INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is everyone getting the "Year" where Season "number" should be?  (Read 27059 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is everyone getting the "Year" where Season "number" should be?
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2016, 11:09:58 pm »

I know that TheTVDB was down for some of today. Perhaps your testing coincided to when the site was down?

Anyway, test the site is up before running XMLTVDB. That will at least eliminate that as a cause.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 08:31:59 am »

Folks I've done a very quick test on one of my last night's recording and hopefully this could be a quick fix...

I recorded The good Wife last night and JRiver will populate the Season number as 2016 as we all know based on Rovi's EPG info (I also confirm this is what I saw in WMC last night).

The file is called The Good Wife - S2016E12 - Tracks.ts.

Trying to do a TVDB look up on the file I get nothing (as per snapshot 1). If I just delete the S2016E12 out or Just the S2016 in the searchbox the Get Movie and TV info will work just fine!! (as per snapshot 2 attached)

I also tried it with a few old Seinfeld Episodes I recorded with MC21 recently and it works just fine as well.

IMHO TVDB seems to use the Name and/or date for the lookup (Not sure about the episode number but maybe this also helps as I've done limited testing)...It definitely doesn't like the Year as a season number and will output nothing...

If it was successful in grabbing the right season and episode for The Good Wife I assume it had to use the date in the tag?

SO..This seems to me like a very easy Fix and everything would be "inside the box" vs having to fiddle with an external mc2xml + TVDB jar that you have to run in the Scheduler....
The whole idea here would be to automate the Get Movie & TV info (which I think it is already?) and get rid of the Year as season number in the tag.
(Or have it as an option to populate it as per Rovi or leave it blank to help with the lookup...

I might be missing something important here please chime in!! (Yaobbing?, CountryBumkin, RoderickGi or others :))!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2016, 08:41:46 am »

Searching by series name and episode name is actually a very recent addition to MC.  Previously we required season number and episode number.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2016, 08:44:48 am »

All right. Then just get rid of the Year in the Season tag and we have a fix :)!!

Maybe it would also help to put the Year in the search addition? (or maybe not...I'll let others commnent. Hopefully someone else tested this.)

Thx Yaobbing

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2016, 09:01:05 am »

I got rid of the Year in Season tags of about 10 shows, re-ran the Import but nothing got populated even though I have the option "Get Movie & TV Info" checked.

Can it run (in the background) automatically?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 08:16:35 pm »

Folks I've done a very quick test on one of my last night's recording and hopefully this could be a quick fix...

I recommend you read this whole thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100757.0

Specifically;

I made some change today that will leave xmltv file from mc2xml undeleted until MC restarts.  As for PercData, the format is not the same.  There is an xml file that you can examine, it is just not in the xmltv format.  The file is cached in MC's Settings folder (if you can find the Temp folder, you can find Settings folder :)

Sorry about that.  The Settings folder I was referring to is parallel with Temp folder, not as a sub-folder.   "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\J River\media center 21\Settings\PercData\"

The PercData cache is not in Temp file, but the mc2xml data file is.  The former will be cleaned out automatically.  The latter is cleaned out upon restart of MC.  We previously delete the file immediately.  Now we leave it in the Temp folder.  The files do not override each other because their names are different.  So, yeah it is a problem in your case. 

So I think the mc2xml XMLTV file is under the "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\" directory, in the Settings or Temp sub-folder. Search and you shall find.
    Now that you know where the XMLTV file created by mc2xml is left after the EPG run, you can find it and check if the year is being placed in the Season field in the EPG data for the program you are looking at, and if it is, then it is a problem with the EPG data and not MC. Maybe Yaobing could test to see if the Season field contains a year value instead of a Season number and drop the year value, but TheTVDB sometimes uses the year as the Season number, so that would break the lookup for those programs.

Now, despite what Hendrik said here;
    Note that it will only do its job if no season/episode info is set
    If there is a value in the Season field, but no value in the Episode field, then MC's "Get Movie & TV Info" will look up TheTVDB based on just the Series Name and Episode Name.

Overall, here is how it works.

• If there is a value in the Title and Subtitle fields in the EPG data, MC will put the Title into the MC [Series] tag. (If there is an EPG Title, but no Subtitle, MC will put the EPG Title into the MC [Name] tag.)
    • If the [Series] tag is given a value, and that Series already exists in MC, then the new record will be grouped with the other records for that Series.
    • If the Series in MC has already got a value in the [TheTVDB Series ID] tag, then the new record is given the same value for the [TheTVDB Series ID] tag. There can be only one value of the [TheTVDB Series ID] tag for each Series in MC, as it is a relational field.
    • If the [TheTVDB Series ID] tag has a value in it when the "Get Movie & TV Info" is run, either during Auto-Import or manually later, then that "TheTVDB Series ID" takes precedence over the Series name in the [Series] tag. This allows you to change the Series Name in MC to something you like better, while still maintaining a link to the correct series on TheTVDB. Once you know "TheTVDB Series ID", you can add it to the tagging in the Recording Options of the Recording Rules (last page). Then when a new episode of that series is recorded, Auto-Import will already have "TheTVDB Series ID", and can look up the correct series on TheTVDB directly.
      Note that when MC (or any software) queries TheTVDB for information on a Series, it receives back a zip file that contains all information about the Series, and the Episodes it contains. You can see those zip files and their contents cached here: "C:\Users\[UserID]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cache\TheTVDB\Series"
    • If MC has both a Season and Episode number, collected from the EPG data, then it will use those numbers to find the data for the correct episode, and save the data to the appropriate MC tags. Season and Episode numbers take precedence.
    • If MC doesn't have the Episode number, it will look up the episode using the Episode name, within the cached Series information from TheTVDB, if there is any. Otherwise it will look up the web site to get the Series data. When looking up the episode using the Series and Episode names, using the "Get Movie & TV Info" function manually, the [Series] tag value will be shown in the search field, along with S0E0 if the Season is not know, or SxxE0 if the [Season] number is known. So if the [Season] number is set to a year value, such as 2016, for the Series "Blacklist", [Episode] number blank, then the search field would contain "Blacklist S2106E0" and MC will search by Series and Episode name.
      Note that the [Episode] name is not shown in the search field. The value in the tag for the program is used though. (Hopefully some time in the future we will be able to edit the Episode name in the search field in the same way that we can edit the Series name and Season and Episode numbers.)

Does that help?

Also read this: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import

BTW, TheTVDB still seems to be having trouble. I don't always get a quick response from it at the moment, and I am getting Ajax errors using it manually. . . and it is currently off-line.  ?
    What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
    What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
    The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
      Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
      Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
      Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to provide this level of details and explaining the logic this helps a lot RoderickGI.  

However I think you missed my point, or maybe I wasn't clear.  Let me try again:

If I get rid of the Season value the manual Get Movie & TV info look up works just fine with the EPG data coming from the Native MC2XML & Rovi within MC.  What I also tried since my earlier post was to delete the year in the SEASON tag BUT it populates it with a 0, ie: The lookup will use: The Good Wife S0E12.  THEN the manual lookup will not work either unless I delete the S0 from the search.  

I also read through the other posts and I'm still trying to get XMLTVDB working in parallel without much success...It ran all day and then I got an error that it wasn't able to output the enhanced file...I'll keep playing with this..

I also already have scheduled tasks for MC2XML that I re-enabled to test this out.

My whole point here is this and I really think it could be a viable and most importantly a simple solution:
     If the season field is left empty (or simply ignored in the search...) Wouldn't the "Get Movie & TV Info" grab the season data from the TVDB automatically with the auto-import?  Isn't this a simple thing to implement?

Yaobbing would this be feasible?

I spent an incredible amount of hours trying to get this to work because I love MC so much but at the end of the day I'M not willing to pay for Schedule Direct (or others) as I have SageTV working like a charm for recordings and getting detailed info from it. ANd ROvi is very good also in MC but getting Season and Episode # is very important and I'm not willing to give it up.  I'm not even sure if SD gives Season numbers from what I read..Does it?

Here's how I feel:

Mostly Season/Episode numbers. I really want to switch to MC for my DVR needs.  The setup finally works pretty reliably for me, but I really don't want to give up automatic metadata inside MC from TVDB.

This works quite well now with my setup with SageTV, though. I don't actually use Sage for anything but running in the background recording shows, and it is annoying every time I have to touch it, but my shows come into MC fully tagged without intervention.

That's my standard. I think, frankly, that's most people's standard.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 12:07:56 am »

However I think you missed my point, or maybe I wasn't clear.  Let me try again:

Actually, I think you missed this point:
    BTW, TheTVDB still seems to be having trouble. I don't always get a quick response from it at the moment, and I am getting Ajax errors using it manually. . . and it is currently off-line.  ?

It really isn't a good time for you to be doing this testing, as TheTVDB seems to be up and down constantly. It just allowed me to look up a Series, and then went off-line when I tried to select that series. It may be best to postpone your testing until TheTVDB is back and reliable. The lookup from within MC using the "Get Movie & TV Info" function does seem to be working, but it is a bit flaky. I'm sure it will be fixed soon though. Just test an Episode lookup on the web site manually before starting any new tests.

The Good Wife may actually use years as Season numbers on TheTVDB, as some programs do. But I can't check as the site isn't working.

But to answer some of your comments;

If the EPG data has a value in the Season field, it should be retained and used by MC. No question. In fact, if the EPG data has a Season number, it will usually also have an Episode number, and so the lookup should work. To delete or ignore the Season number in the EPG data would break a whole lot of the lookup functionality, and people's systems. Not good.

Basically, if the data from the EPG source is wrong, get it fixed at the source, or do some manipulation to it prior to loading into MC.

However, there used to be some sort of default in MC that would put a year value in the Season tag under certain circumstances, I believe, Yaobing said something along those lines once, from memory, but didn't confirm it when I asked. If that functionality still exists, it should be removed now, given other MC improvements.

I just tested deleting the Season number for a program, and doing a manual "Get Movie & TV Info" lookup. This is what I found (when TheTVDB was working);
    If you delete the Season number in MC, then the lookup will fail, as MC will search for "The Good Wife S0E12". Basically any search of Season "0" for a program, such as a search for "The Good Wife S0E12" will return a result that is for a Special from that series, not the correct data. Season 0 on TheTVDB is where Specials are stored.

If you delete the "S0" (or get rid of it or ignore it in the search) and just search for "The Good Wife E12", which I think is what you are asking for, MC will look up TheTVDB based on the Series and Episode names. i.e. It doesn't get a match on the Season and Episode number combination, so it uses the new functionality. I hadn't tested this before, but this is what it is doing.

If you get rid of or ignore the Episode number, then MC will look up TheTVDB using the Series and Episode names. Again, MC doesn't get a match on the Season and Episode number combination, so it uses the new functionality.

So basically;
    If the season field is left empty (or simply ignored in the search...) Wouldn't the "Get Movie & TV Info" grab the season data from the TVDB automatically with the auto-import? 
    Probably. If the search dropped the Season number, so it searched for "The Good Wife E12", MC would use the Series and Episode names to find the correct result, depending on whether "E12" has some meaning for the series. But how would MC decide when to drop the EPG Season number and when to keep it, given that TheTVDB sometimes uses the year as the Season number?

Also BTW; I forced MC to look up "The Good Wife" with an episode name of "Tracks", which is S07E12 according to Wikipedia. MC couldn't find a result, so on that basis, there might well be something strange about the records for "The Good Wife" on TheTVDB. Perhaps it uses the year as the Season number, as I suggested above, or something else is broken. So "The Good Wife" probably isn't a good series to test against.

Finally, Glynor's post was from November 16th, and a lot has changed since then. He doesn't even need Season and Episode numbers in the EPG data any more, as MC will look up TheTVDB by Series and Episode names. I don't know whether he has turned off Sage yet, but the issue he raised is no longer valid. Oh and note that Glynor does do some tagging on Auto-Import to add some information.

Finally plus 1: tagging set up in Recording Rules could be used to convert a Season number or 2016 to Season 07, if none of the above works at all. An expression would do it.

Finally plus 2: I haven't tested using EPG data that has no Season and Episode numbers, as my EPG data now has all Season and Episode numbers that TheTVDB knows about. So it is good that you are testing this functionality. It is just bad timing with TheTVDB, and maybe you picked a bad example in "The Good Wife".  8)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 08:04:12 am »

1. If the EPG data has a value in the Season field, it should be retained and used by MC. No question. In fact, if the EPG data has a Season number, it will usually also have an Episode number, and so the lookup should work. To delete or ignore the Season number in the EPG data would break a whole lot of the lookup functionality, and people's systems. Not good.

Basically, if the data from the EPG source is wrong, get it fixed at the source, or do some manipulation to it prior to loading into MC.

2. However, there used to be some sort of default in MC that would put a year value in the Season tag under certain circumstances, I believe, Yaobing said something along those lines once, from memory, but didn't confirm it when I asked. If that functionality still exists, it should be removed now, given other MC improvements.  

3. I just tested deleting the Season number for a program, and doing a manual "Get Movie & TV Info" lookup. This is what I found (when TheTVDB was working);
    If you delete the Season number in MC, then the lookup will fail, as MC will search for "The Good Wife S0E12". Basically any search of Season "0" for a program, such as a search for "The Good Wife S0E12" will return a result that is for a Special from that series, not the correct data. Season 0 on TheTVDB is where Specials are stored.

4. If you delete the "S0" (or get rid of it or ignore it in the search) and just search for "The Good Wife E12", which I think is what you are asking for, MC will look up TheTVDB based on the Series and Episode names. i.e. It doesn't get a match on the Season and Episode number combination, so it uses the new functionality. I hadn't tested this before, but this is what it is doing.

5. If you get rid of or ignore the Episode number, then MC will look up TheTVDB using the Series and Episode names. Again, MC doesn't get a match on the Season and Episode number combination, so it uses the new functionality.

6. So basically;Probably. If the search dropped the Season number, so it searched for "The Good Wife E12", MC would use the Series and Episode names to find the correct result, depending on whether "E12" has some meaning for the series. But how would MC decide when to drop the EPG Season number and when to keep it, given that TheTVDB sometimes uses the year as the Season number?

7. Also BTW; I forced MC to look up "The Good Wife" with an episode name of "Tracks", which is S07E12 according to Wikipedia. MC couldn't find a result, so on that basis, there might well be something strange about the records for "The Good Wife" on TheTVDB. Perhaps it uses the year as the Season number, as I suggested above, or something else is broken. So "The Good Wife" probably isn't a good series to test against.

8. Finally, Glynor's post was from November 16th, and a lot has changed since then. He doesn't even need Season and Episode numbers in the EPG data any more, as MC will look up TheTVDB by Series and Episode names. I don't know whether he has turned off Sage yet, but the issue he raised is no longer valid. Oh and note that Glynor does do some tagging on Auto-Import to add some information.

9. Finally plus 1: tagging set up in Recording Rules could be used to convert a Season number or 2016 to Season 07, if none of the above works at all. An expression would do it.

10. Finally plus 2: I haven't tested using EPG data that has no Season and Episode numbers, as my EPG data now has all Season and Episode numbers that TheTVDB knows about. So it is good that you are testing this functionality. It is just bad timing with TheTVDB, and maybe you picked a bad example in "The Good Wife".  8)

On your 1. If the season # is truly the year then TVDB will return the info.  If it isn't,  nothing gets returned therefore nothing is tampered with right?. In my case I don't get Season info with the Native MC2XML + Rovi in MC21. (see 2. below)

On your 2. The year is definitely still there and it should be removed as it is not in the xmltv.xml file coming from Rovi.  IMHO Just getting rid of this functionality alone might solve the issue

On your 3. I agree, S0 DOES NOT WORK, Yaobbing needs to get rid of it for the auto-import lookup to TVDB (or the manual one).

On your 4. THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT. The new functionality seems to work like a charm let's leverage it by not putting in an invalid Season # whether it be 0 or 2016!!

On your 5. The episode number is provided by Rovi (It's in my XMLTV for the Good wife and others) so IT SHOULD BE  USED. But even without it as per my snapshots in the other post the TVDB search still worked!!! So another proof that the new functionality works!!

On your 6. Just don't put any Season # when it's not provided by the EPG provider and leave it untouched! My xmltv coming from Rovi doesn't have anything specified for Season in the whole file.

On your 7. I also had Tracks for the episode Name and it still didn't stop the Movie & TV Info look up to find it just fine.  Again as per my snapshots above. So It worked perfectly not sure why you couldn't reproduce...

On your 8.  You're sure about this? If it was the case I wouldn't be here DESPERATELY asking for this!!!  Maybe he has a script or something to get rid of the Season field for it to work???

On your 9. I don't see the need for this, the lookup seems to be working fine. Let's keep it simple.

On your 10. That's what I've been doing so I know what I'm talking about. Hopefully others will chime in...

So to recap my whole point once more: If the season is not present and left blank the search for auto-import with the new functionality will work out of the box and I assume it should also work automatically when auto-import is on. That's it! Nothing  more.  Just get rid of the year or the 0 for the TVDB lookup to work that is it!!!  Besides, there is a way to enable or disable the Movie & TV Info lookup in the Import config. If people don't want it, they can always turn it off if it's screwing things up for them.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:02 am »

On your 4. THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT. The new functionality seems to work like a charm let's leverage it by not putting in an invalid Season # whether it be 0 or 2016!!

This is the main problem I was trying to fix when MC switched to Rovi data (I was getting a "Year instead of a Number for some Seasons) - so if the EPG data provides Season "Year" instead of Season "Number", the Get Movie & TV Info" will not work. The tool tries to look up "SeriesName S"Year"E"Number"" (such as S2015E01") which doesn't work. So you can delete the "2015" in Standard View>Files and now the tool tries to lookup "S0E01" which also fails.

I suggested before that it would be better to (the choice to) have the "Get Movie & TV Info tool ignore any value in Season field if it is more than two digits - EDITED for correctness but Hendrick felt this would break other things. At least have MC not insert a "0" if the Season field is blank.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 10:34:20 am »

Yes yes yes...Exactly. That's what I did too. Deleted the Season tag value in Standard view and "S0" remained.

Thx CountryBumkin for confirming the issue!!

I recall having read Hendrick's posts but could you refresh my memory as to what his concerns were?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2016, 10:53:39 am »

It was in this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102045.0

I suggested to have any four digit entry in the Season field ignored, but Hendrick said that sometimes this is valid data - and he was going to look into some other fix (which was the lookup without needed Season data). So now we just need to have MC not add a "0" to the empty field.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #62 on: January 19, 2016, 11:01:46 am »

OK I posted there too Countrybumkin please have a look thx!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #63 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:26 pm »

Okay, I'm just sharing how it all works here, so that you, and all other readers, know some more about it and can see what is happening.

I only have two "positions" on the subject really:

A) If MC is placing a year value in the Season tag, for any reason at any time, that functionality should be removed.
    B) If the year value is being supplied in the EPG data, and it is incorrect according to TheTVDB, then either the EPG data source, or TheTVDB should be corrected. Adding workarounds into MC for perceived shortcomings in the source data or TheTVDB is just going to make trouble for someone else, sometime, as there will always be exceptions to the observed conditions, that haven't been thought about. This is why I oppose MC "ignoring, getting rid of, or deleting" any data in the Season field for lookups, where that data comes from the EPG.

Ah, here is the offending information that I wanted to find yesterday, from page one of this very thread;
    The xml file produced by mc2xml contains episode info only in two formats, "ms_progid" which we can not interpret, and "onscreen" which apparently has a human-readable numerical number, such as "23" which we interpret as "episode 23".  If there is season info, it would be in the value in "ms_progid" format.

Since we can not get any season info, we fill it with "year", if available.

Are you sure your pre-MC21 data was not obtained using zap2xml data?  That was the source from which we would get episode data in "xmltv_ns" format.

Yaobing, the process in the highlighted text should no be longer done. It breaks the new "Get Movie & TV Info" lookup functionality.

With that functionality in place, if Rovi provides an Onscreen Episode number but no Season number, and MC puts the Year value into the Season tag, that would explain what Imeric and CountryBumkin are seeing, such as this:

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #64 on: January 19, 2016, 07:59:09 pm »

Bang on.
    Maybe just one thing. Deleting the Year in the tag didn't resolve the issue as I ended up with S0E12 instead of S2016E12. Something will have to be done about this as well for the lookup to work.

Thx RoderickGi!
    Let's now hope Yaobbing can squeeze it in the next version  ;)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #65 on: January 19, 2016, 08:12:38 pm »

Maybe just one thing. Deleting the Year in the tag didn't resolve the issue as I ended up with S0E12 instead of S2016E12. Something will have to be done about this as well for the lookup to work.

Possibly, but I thought there was a reason that "0" was placed in there. Also, if you are deleting the Season value, then you are probably doing a manual lookup, so it isn't hard to change the search criteria.

Of course, you could be doing a mass Season tag delete, and then a bulk manual lookup using "Get Movie & TV Info". But if that is the case the workaround is just to delete the Episode tags instead, or both the Season and Episode tags, and then do a manual lookup using "Get Movie & TV Info", which will then search by Series name and Episode name.

So if there is an easy workaround, a fix might not be a priority, especially if it means that some other dependent code needs to be changed as well. Matt did say that the new search by Series name and Episode name was a bear to implement.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #66 on: January 20, 2016, 07:16:00 am »

OK thx but the reason I bring this up is for the developers to pay attention to this detail as well and have this fully automated.

The end goal is to avoid having to do it manually or use external third party solutions like XMLTVDB.

I want this to be fully automatic no matter how it's being implemented. Hopefully it doesn't involve a ton of codes...It would be nice to hear from Yaobbing on this.

My assumption is if the Season is not present in the automatic lookup (or left blank if nothing from the EPG) this should work with what's in there already.

thx

CountryBumkin

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2016, 09:14:06 am »

OK thx but the reason I bring this up is for the developers to pay attention to this detail as well and have this fully automated.

The end goal is to avoid having to do it manually or use external third party solutions like XMLTVDB.

I want this to be fully automatic no matter how it's being implemented. Hopefully it doesn't involve a ton of codes...It would be nice to hear from Yaobbing on this.

My assumption is if the Season is not present in the automatic lookup (or left blank if nothing from the EPG) this should work with what's in there already.

thx

To summarize the issue (at least my issue) it all started because the (new Rovi) EPG data was providing "Season Year" in some cases for some TV Shows. Then when the show is imported the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool doesn't work. The "Get Movie & TV Info" tool must have a Season Number or be blank. If you manually delete the Season Year and rerun the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool, MC adds a "0" where you just deleted the Year so the tool fails.

Now we know that if you delete the Episode Number (thanks Roderick) instead of Season Year and run the "Get Movie & TV Info" tool, the tool will find the correct metadata and it will then replace the Season Year with Season Number and put back the correct Episode Number.

So this is an acceptable solution. :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 02:59:13 pm »

So this is an acceptable solution. :)
    Excellent!

To summarize the issue (at least my issue) it all started because the (new Rovi) EPG data was providing "Season Year" in some cases for some TV Shows.

Did you actually confirm that Rovi was providing the year in the Season field? Reading back over your posts yesterday, I didn't think that was the case. Yaobing seemed to confirm this with example data here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99519.msg690274#msg690274

What I think was happening was that Rovi was providing the Episode number in the "onscreen" format, which MC could use, but it wasn't providing a Season number. So Yaobing had MC put the Year into the Season tag, if the program year was available in the EPG data.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 03:32:28 pm »

I don't know where the Season "Year" was coming from - just that it was appearing and messing up the Get Movie & TV info.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #70 on: January 20, 2016, 07:49:09 pm »

Doing a search on Season Numbers in two XMLTV files from Rovi (one for OTA and the other for Satellite with lots of channels)., it didn't return anything for Season Info...

As a comparison I also looked at one from Zap2it...
    Here is what I get with zap2xml with the -D option (again with my lovely Good WIfe show...):
       <programme start="20160117220000 -0500" stop="20160117230000 -0500" channel="I44991.labs.zap2it.com">
          <title lang="en">The Good Wife</title>
          <sub-title lang="en">Tracks</sub-title>
          <desc lang="en">Cary and Alicia defend a former client.</desc>
          <date>20160117</date>
          <category lang="en">Drama</category>
          <episode-num system="common">S07E12</episode-num>
          <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01158384.0149</episode-num>
          <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">6.11.</episode-num>
          <video>
             <aspect>16:9</aspect>
             <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <new />
          <subtitles type="teletext" />
       </programme>

Here is what I get with MC2XML Rovi (without actors and credits):
       <programme start="20160117210000 -0500" stop="20160117220000 -0500" channel="I15.1.309251224.microsoft.com">
          <title lang="en">The Good Wife</title>
          <sub-title lang="en">Tracks</sub-title>
          <desc lang="en">Alicia and Cary join forces to defend a former client who is facing a multi-million dollar lawsuit over ownership rights to his new music. Meanwhile, Alica's neighbors threaten her with eviction for operating her firm out of her apartment.</desc>
          <date>20160117</date>
          <category lang="en">Other</category>
          <category lang="en">courtroom</category>
          <icon src="http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=cOC861nTwwD6fdaNNqSphYhIoPdt3SpAXZveWYNx1oxNQfsr_nafQv_tlJ.tcHAodEf0sLIVA_3nBsdt1tBaPpr2v_ZuOjE4vQFqhiDPyYQ2RlV3Y49FsWT9B2cs8LQg&w=267&h=150" />
          <episode-num system="ms_progid">1.310242986</episode-num>
          <episode-num system="onscreen">12</episode-num>
          <video>
             <aspect>16:9</aspect>
             <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <new />
       </programme>

And it seems to be always the same pattern where:

Code: [Select]
    <episode-num system="ms_progid">1.309583982</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">14</episode-num>

The one with the "onscreen" is the Epsiode #

Rovi is a lot more complete but no Season # like zap2xml.  Can others please confirm this?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »

And there is the onscreen value with no Season number, which is consistent with what I said above. MC is supplying the Year in the Season tag.

That <new /> field is interesting. As that is a very recent episode, first aired 2016-01-17, that would seem to indicate it is a new show. i.e. Not a repeat, and recent. MC doesn't use the field now, but if it was reliable, possibly it could. At least it would confirm the assumption that if there is no "Previous shown" date in the EPG data, it is not a repeat, rather than just that data is missing.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #72 on: January 20, 2016, 08:13:45 pm »

I've been wondering about this...I don't know what it currently uses for the "Do not record reruns' but it seems to work fine with Rovi..

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #73 on: January 20, 2016, 09:45:34 pm »

If the EPG data shows that the program has a previously shown date before the scheduled date, or it has a repeat flag, or it is being shown in the current period before the scheduled date of the program you are looking at, then the "rerun" tag is set to "1", which means it is a repeat.

I think that covers it. Yaobing has explained it a few times on the forum. Some recently.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #74 on: January 21, 2016, 08:13:00 am »

Nice logic..Definitely works for me so far!!
    I imagine it was posted somewhere or on the Wiki but I can't read them all (still trying to figure out my XMLTVDB Issue..)!!
    Besides..I kinda knew you would give me an answer RoderickGi thank you  ;) ;)

BTW I've been using MC for TV for a little more than a week now and I'm quite happy with it.  It's also been quite stable (if I leave the settigns alone :)).  My computer goes to sleep after a few hours and when it "gets up" and I'd left MC21 opened in standard or theater view it works well and resumes where it left off.  Couldn't do this with Sage....

It also wakes up just fine for recordings. Haven't missed one thus far...

So far so good...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #75 on: January 21, 2016, 02:22:17 pm »

Besides..I kinda knew you would give me an answer RoderickGi thank you  ;) ;)

There is a price though...

So far so good...

... now you have to help convince future Sage users who visit the forum to convert to MC TV!

Disclaimer: Just to confirm, after that statement above, I don't work for JRiver, and I receive no payment for posting in the forums.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #76 on: January 21, 2016, 03:39:09 pm »

Oohh I have an open door now!...

I definitely will talk about it for TV when: (I already have kind words for everything else  ;D...)

TVDB lookup works for TV shows w/o Accurate season info (should be an easy fix and should match the detailed info I get with Sage)
    I get my multiple folders for recordings that Yaobbing promised me with MC21  ;)
    Comskip timelines in the progress bar

imeric

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #77 on: January 21, 2016, 09:28:23 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up