INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Popup on Desktop when change track  (Read 1886 times)

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature request: Popup on Desktop when change track
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:50:27 am »

When Media Center is in Standard view and minimized (tray icon), I would like the program to show a popup on the desktop when it changes the track.

Thanks

keenan

• Recent member
Re: Feature request: Popup on Desktop when change track
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 09:54:43 am »

Rather than creating a notification system like that inside of Media Center, it would probably be easier to create an app for the third party software, Growl. It's used for that type of thing. I'm pretty sure programs can look into other running applications and see, for example, if media is being played and see if it's different from when it checked last  (if so, send a notification). I might take a look at that a bit.

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 01:15:34 pm »

I was just going to request what the original poster asked, it should also be optimized for windows 10 which is notification heavy via action center.

TC

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »

Please make it optional, though... when I minimize a player, it's usually because I have other stuff to do, so being interrupted by a notification that the track changed every minute or so is very counter-productive. And when I do want to know exactly what it is that's playing right now, then that in itself already sufficiently interrupts me so that I can just open MC and see for myself.

Edit: Now that I'm awake, I think I should specify that it's actually an interesting idea. I'm just extreme about notifications - if a program interrupts me by giving me useless notifications, it will be the last notification it has given me. Notifications should be (my opinion) about things relevant enough to warrant interrupting my thought process (e.g. when something requires action).

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 07:22:16 pm »

Just a thought- Have you tried Rainmeter?

I'm 99% certain it'll do popups on track changes, from a quick Google, this skin is probably what you want, or should provide a base for what you're after :)
http://manci5.deviantart.com/art/Popup-Notifications-2-0-332232442

Rainmeter docs on getting it to talk with MC:
http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/nowplaying

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up