INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder State timeout for STOP viz/hair toggle  (Read 877 times)

Tinnitus

• Junior Woodchuck
Girder State timeout for STOP viz/hair toggle
« on: September 01, 2003, 03:31:41 am »

I want to return from vizualisation to hairstyle when i press stop on my remote.

I use girder to communicate with MC

I set up a multigroup with two commands, one for viz and one for hair and have the statecount deside wich one needs to be activated.

This is working perfect. when i press stop the playback stops and when i press stop again it returns to Hairstyle.

But i want to set a timeout on this action so that it only returns me to hairstyle if i press stop again within the same second or so.

So what i am asking about:
Is it possible to set a timeout on the state count so that it resets the count if i haven't pressed stop again within a certain amount of time?

Or maybe a suggestion for an alternative way to accomplish this?

(i know this is not the place for Girder support but i dont seem to get any response in the Girder forum and i know alot of people around here use it)

Give me some Motörhead

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
Re: Girder State timeout for STOP viz/hair toggle
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 07:53:18 am »

Hello.

You can use the AlarmTimer plugin (included with Girder).  Add it to your multicommand to start the AlarmTimer when you first press Stop.

Assign an command to the timer expration that sets the state back to 0.

Another idea: Use the buttonmode plugin (also bundled with Girder, I think) to assign a one action if you simply press Stop, and a different action if you hold it down for a certain number of milliseconds.  I find this very useful.

Soundman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up