INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Allow CDs from varied artists to appear a single CD in 'Audio'  (Read 1245 times)

HarleyJoeM

• Recent member

In previous versions, including JRiver20, which I am now using, ripped CDs that are a collection of songs from various artists are displayed in Audio folder as individual CDs.  I have 'resolved' this 'feature' by adding the artist name, which I want to track, into the Title Tag, and using 'Various Artists' as the contents of the 'Artist' tag field.

I would prefer to allow the differing artist names to be in the Artist Tag field, so I can more easily perform searchs.

Similarly, I have an HD Tracks download of a Billie Holiday CD, which also is displayed in the Audio Folder as two differing CDs; some tracks in on CD, the reminder in another.  I have re-imported it a couple of times, and checked the Album Name Tag, as well as the Artist Tag, which are exactly the same for both CDs.  It would great to have a means to 'combine' / 'link' CDs into one within the Audio Folder.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

You can do this now.  Have a look at the [Album Artist] tag for those albums (it's probably blank). 

The [Album Artist] tag allows you to assign Various Artists to a CD so that it will show up grouped as one album.  If that [Album Artist] is the same for the whole album, the [Artist] tag can be different for each track and everything will still show appropriately grouped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up