INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Program Guide  (Read 775 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
TV Program Guide
« on: September 14, 2003, 06:39:41 am »

My TV card is a ATI AIW 9700P, and I am exporing the use of MC9 for recording TV programs (I.E., the Gemstar software which came with ATI leaves a bit to be desired.)

First, I live in Canada, so I wonder if the program guides offered by MC9 (TV Guide and Yahoo TV) are relevant.  Gemstar works in Canada, and is associated with TV Guide, but the info needed for TV Guide registration does not accommodate other than US addresses. Even if registered, do these PGs allow for program selection and options for 'watch' or 'record'?

If I were to figure out channel and time elsewhere, I cannot figure out how to point MC9 at it ... i.e., it seems to allow only for "on demand" recording(?)

Although reluctant to install MC9.1 as unfinished software, feel free to let me know if anything is changed, and I'll be patient.

tia  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Program Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 05:48:01 am »

Currently MC TV does not support EPG. You can not "watch" or "record" a program off a program guide. You can do instant recording of a tuned channel, and you can also schedule recording a program using Media Scheduler (by manully entering the program info).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up