INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Who - matched files have incorrect path / filename  (Read 3454 times)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Dr Who - matched files have incorrect path / filename
« on: August 22, 2015, 08:47:36 am »

Hi,

Win 7 x64, running MC 21.0.2

Had a look at Dr Who for the 1st time tonight.  Great idea.

I downloaded a playlist - "Rock Chicks" which consists of 23 tracks.  10 of 23 matched to local files, however of these only 2 contained the correct file path & name

For the track "Call Me" by Blondie
The path is set to The Complete Picture: the Very Best of Deborah Harry and Blondie\
The filename is set to Track03.cda

The correct path is X:\Music\FLAC\Blondie\The Complete Picture_ the Very Best of Deborah Harry and Blondie\
the correct filename is 03 - Call Me.flac

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Steve

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Dr Who - matched files have incorrect path / filename
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:11:34 pm »

tried again - this time downloading "Top Hits" from BOBR

Same issue - some of the matched files have an incorrect path / filename

A good examples are two tracks from the same artist / album. 
Long Train Running - Listen to the Music: the very best of the Doobie Brothers - had the correct filename and path
China Grove - Listen to the Music: the very best of the Doobie Brothers - had an incorrect filename and path

Will try to capture a log

Steve

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:43:42 pm »

I notice that BOTH of your examples have a colon ( : ) in the album name and in the (incorrect) file name.  I wonder if the colon in the album name is being confused with a drive letter somehow?  Can you check a few others?  Maybe try searching for a colon in song names or album names by entering this in the search box:

[Name]=:
[Album]=:

Brian.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 03:13:06 am »

Hi,

I thought the colon might be an issue, but when I observed different behaviour for two tracks from the same album I didn't progress any further

Name Album Filename Dr Who Status
Long Train Runnin Listen to the Music: the Very Best of the Doobie Brothers X:\Music\FLAC\The Doobie Brothers\Listen to the Music_ the Very Best of the Doobie Brothers\01 - Long Train Runnin.flac OK
China GroveListen to the Music: the Very Best of the Doobie BrothersX:\Music\FLAC\The Doobie Brothers\Listen to the Music_ the Very Best of the Doobie Brothers\02 - China Grove.flac Not OK

regards,

Steve

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 05:52:08 am »

Hey

Looks to me like the issue is that the matching is linked to a cda file extension (you know what windows adds as a file extenion for audio off of a cd directly) . The only way that would work is if the cd in question was actually loaded I believe.

Now why you have cda tracks in your library, I don't know. But it would appear from your screenshots that you do :) (autoimport options?)

Name Album Filename Dr Who Status
Long Train Runnin Listen to the Music: the Very Best of the Doobie Brothers X:\Music\FLAC\The Doobie Brothers\Listen to the Music_ the Very Best of the Doobie Brothers\01 - Long Train Runnin.flac OK
China GroveListen to the Music: the Very Best of the Doobie BrothersX:\Music\FLAC\The Doobie Brothers\Listen to the Music_ the Very Best of the Doobie Brothers\02 - China Grove.flac Not OK
In your China grove example, I'm assuming that the song exists under the X:\Music\... path. Just guessing but would it be possible that you have cda tracks that were added to the library (which would be dead links unless the cd is in the drive)? If so you could remove them and see if Dr. Who would then pick the correct file?

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:32:31 am »

Hi Arindelle,

Thanks for the suggestion

I cannot locate any cda files in my library.  I also checked the file system & none there either

From the downloaded Dr Who Playlist, I performed a Locate - Name option on China Grove.  It returned one library entry - which was the correct FLAC file.  There was no cda entry returned

I deleted the Dr Who playlist & downloaded it again.  Same issue with the tracks.  Captured the logs

cheers,

Steve

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 11:47:13 am »

hmm weird

I happen to have those tracks in my collection so I downloaded that playlist and both paths show up for me ... has to be something strange in your library -->

not sure how a cda file would show up unless they were autoimported like you can do with DVDs, while not flagged as an audio file (like maybe they are in your library but you need to search with a view that includes all media types ...)

regardless, why the flac path doesn't show when it does exist I've no idea ... sorry

maybe a dev will see this, I'm interested now :)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 05:17:19 pm »

Think I found the issue
There are library entries with file type cda in my library.
I found them via a smartlist to show all files (including removed etc).  The CDA files show when I limit the database to CD

Deleted "China Grove" from the smartlist view
Deleted the Dr Who Playlist
Downloaded the Dr Who playlist again.  "China Grove" was not found at all
Checked the database & "China Grove" was showing when looking at database entries for CD
Deleted the DR Who playlist again
Deleted the "China Grove" entry from the database
Downloaded the Dr Who smartlist again.
File matched correctly

So

Any ideas why the database has entries for type CD? It doesn't have all of my ripped CDs (pretty sure I've previously removed entries for ~d=a)
Is it safe to remove all the entries for type = CD?
Should the matching logic for Dr Who be using these entries?

Thanks,

Steve

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »

Also checked the import settings.  Neither of the optical drives (1 x physical, 1 x virtual) are included in the import folders

Another look at the items with database limited to CD - there is a substantial (perhaps most /all) of the CDs I've ever ripped.  Looking at the Doobie Brothers specifically - there is an entry for "Long Train Runnin" & that Dr Who download / match worked OK.  This suggests that when the Dr Who download is matched to a local database entry, the matching logic might be flawed

Should the matching logic only look at items in the Main database or Main & Stacks?  I don't think it should look at entries in Removed, Bad or CD.

cheers,

Steve

Arindelle

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 05:21:18 am »

ok that confirms that its the file type at least. It appears that it only brings up one match .. I know I have some mp3s tucked away and have replaced them with flacs but forgot to dump the mp3s ... the flac file comes up as a match, not the mp3. So maybe it brings up the first file alphabetically eg cda =>Flac=>mp3 not sure.

Do you use cue files ever ? rip exclusively with JRiver? .. if not what what ripper do you use?

This might have something to do with a ripping data base or cue file handling (do you use or import cue files, there were some changes), but I'm totally guessing as I don't rip with JRiver and avoid cue files so can't check right now.

I see no reason why deleting cda library entries would hurt. If it has something to do with keeping a metadata db for ripping, maybe sharing the metadata not sure. I would personally get rid of them, but then again they probably take up very little space so your call.

Regardless, always backup your database (library) when ever you do major deletions ...

Anyways thanks for testing this :) I'll link this to the higher powers in case its missed ... for info the development for this is ongoing and just getting off the ground so thanks for testing this Steve

Steve  :P aka Arindelle

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 05:42:30 am »

no problem - appreciate the suggestions from both Brian and you

Majority of the audio library was ripped using jriver.
No Cue files

I'll clean up the CDAs & try a few more downloads

cheers,

Steve

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 09:55:11 am »

Previous versions of Dr. Who imported all the files to the library. Therefore if the playlist you fetched with the Doctor included those cd-audio files then these virtual files also imported to your library. Had couple of those when first tried Dr. Who
Pages: [1]   Go Up