INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buffered Internal  (Read 2187 times)

beginner44

• Junior Woodchuck
Buffered Internal
« on: August 25, 2015, 04:31:26 pm »

Hello everybody,

I'm experiencing something very strange :

I'm using the same MC built (20.0.131) on 2 different computers. Both are connected to a MC server librairy on a third computer.

When I play the same video file, one of the 2 clients will create in C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Temp many "BufferedInternetReader - xxxx-xx.dat.cnk" files. After 5 to 10minutes, the playback will sutter and the video is not watchable anymore. Stopping the playback will delete automatically the temporary files.

What is strange is that the second client has no suttering and no temporary files. Both computers have a gigabyte network connection and enough memory (at least 6 Gb) and similar proc (Athlon II X4 or X6). Settings are the same (except for the audio because they use different soundcards).

Under what circumstances JRiver would create these BufferedInternetReader files ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Buffered Internal
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »

Maybe the drive is too small on Client machine 1 for the Temp files and its causing the stutter and Client machine 2 has a larger (or less full) hard drive. I had this issue on my computer that used a small 64GB SSD drive for the OS and JRiver program. I had to go to JRiver's File settings and move the Temp folder to my larger 1TB storage drive.

beginner44

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Buffered Internet Reader files
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:49:42 pm »

Hello CountryBumkin,

thank you for your input.

Indeed the computer which has the problem has a 64 Gb SSD, whereas the other has a 128Gb SSD.

BUT the second one does not generate temporary files !

And I added another 64 Gb SSD to computer 1 and changed the settings for the temp files. Still got the problem.

2 days ago, I did a total reinstall. No change.

I still dont get why computer 2 does not need to create temp files versus computer 1 which does....

?

dwalme

• Recent member
Re: Buffered Internal
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 12:04:41 am »

I am having this same problem.

BufferedInternetReader - ?.chk files are filling up my hard drive.

I just rebuilt my HTPC.  Client machine that connects to a backend library server.  It did not do this before.   

How do I stop these files from being created?

Pages: [1]   Go Up