INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - Filenames too long  (Read 2415 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - Filenames too long
« on: September 04, 2015, 04:05:18 pm »

After converting my SACD ISOs to FLAC, I am now creating m4a (aac encoded) lossy versions of the FLACs for my mobile devices. I am running into issues during the aac encoding process, as the combined length of the path + filename of the FLAC source files is >260 characters. Looking at the filenames of the FLACs I noticed that JRiver uses "nameoftheiso (# - trackname).flac" as the destination filename for SACD ISO to FLAC conversions. Combined with the artist\album\ directory structure, this often results in paths which are >260 chars which then causes issues in the aac conversion.

Is there anyway I can chose what filename JRiver should use for the destination files of the SACD ISO to FLAC conversion? I could not find anything. If not, could this feature be added?

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Re: SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - Filenames too long- Solved
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:13:40 am »

I solved the issue the following way:
Used "Rename, Move & Copy Files" and simply renamed all the files in the FLAC target directory to [Track#]-[Name]. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Re: SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - Filenames too long
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 09:03:08 am »

Not quite. Some of the path names are still way too long (up to 330 characters).
In http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70363.msg475457#msg475457 I read that there is a truncation function, that looks to be just what I am looking for. However I was not able to find anything on its syntax. Is there a function I can add to the Rename, Move and Copy Files dialogue to achieve truncation of the path name?

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Re: SACD ISO to FLAC conversion - Filenames too long
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 11:09:40 am »

Ok, I think I got to the bottom of this now.
I use VSubst to map a path for JRiver to use.
W:\ = path to my music library
Using http://pathlengthchecker.codeplex.com/ I found out that relative to W:\ JRiver indeed truncates the path lengths to max. 259 characters. Before I had tried to manipulate the files from the regular Windows directory (D:\........) and then the paths were longer than 260 characters and windows was not happy. JRiver seems to apply the truncating automatically, but relative to the path it is working from.
No need to use any function.
Pages: [1]   Go Up