INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Doesn't Work With Colossus2 Capture Only  (Read 1796 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Doesn't Work With Colossus2 Capture Only
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:59:27 am »

I have setup a Roku Media Player with HDMI output through an HDMI Splitter to the Colossus2 HDMI Input. Both Video and Audio are through HDMI. I got Video and Audio working fine in Standard View but there is nothing to select when trying to watch in Theater View. I select Guide and it says "There are no items to Display"

To use it in Standard View I go to Television and select the channel 'Serial digital Hauppauge Siena Video Capture'. In Setup I assigned Channel 901 to this. I never see any channel number in either Standard or Theater Views when preparing to watch.

My guess is that I need to setup something in Options, Theater View, Guide but I can't figure out what.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Rod

Added on Edit:

Ultimately, if possible, I would like to have a Theater View Menu Selection titled 'Roku' that would be in the same level in Video as Movies, Shows, etc. This would be better much than selecting something in Guide.

CountryBumkin

Re: Theater View Doesn't Work With Colossus2 Capture Only
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:06:37 pm »

I'm not sure if this helps - but your question sounds similar to one I asked a while back, here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97093.0

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:55:48 pm »

Capture-only channels do not have EPG programs.  Therefore they will never appear in the Guide.  To see it in Theater view, you will have to create a custom view for channels.  See CountryBumkin's thread.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:49:40 pm »

Capture-only channels do not have EPG programs.  Therefore they will never appear in the Guide.  To see it in Theater view, you will have to create a custom view for channels.  See CountryBumkin's thread.
I'm not sure if this helps - but your question sounds similar to one I asked a while back, here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97093.0

Thank you both very much for your prompt and helpful responses. Everything is now working fine!

Later I will make posts in the HDMI Input and Netflix Threads about this. On Sept 15 Netflix will no longer function in the version of Win7 WMC that I have been using in MC so this has happened just in time.

Cheers,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up