INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bitstreaming gives error on HD audio, and/or wont play  (Read 2479 times)

MrSavageSK

• Recent member
bitstreaming gives error on HD audio, and/or wont play
« on: October 04, 2015, 02:18:03 am »

So after spending the evening searching, reading and searching some more, as well as experimenting and trying different combinations, I am unable to get bitstreaming, custom or otherwise to work consistently with my setup. TrueHD/DTS-MA especially. I won't even get into Atmos as this point. Disc or file.

Hardware
------------
i7 4820k 10M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz
16G ddr3 1600
WD 2T Black
LG WH16NS40 Bluray 16x
Onkyo TX-NR737 THX/Atmos receiver
280x HIS Ice video card - HDMI 1.4 *confirmed by AMD directly*
HDMI 1.4 Highspeed cable w/ethernet
Asus PB298Q 29" Ultrawide 21:9 Aspect Ratio  2560x1080

Software
----------
Windows 7 64bit Up to date drivers/updates
JRiver Media Center 21.0.11
AnyDVD HD 7.6.4.0
Catalyst 15.9.1b / HDMI driver 7.12.0.7723

So far the best I can do is running the audio thru WASAPI(exclusive access max volume during playback auto bit depth, 250 buffering), None for bitstreaming (HDMI doesn't seem to work, crashes upon opening with the error window, Custom is too inconsistant with my self encoded videofiles, or discs, DD/DTS seem to play reasonably well but when it comes to HD audio, it sits there saying 'waiting',  DTS, DD, TrueHD, DTS-MA etc, although other players have had zero problems with anything but the HD audio formats, hence why I came to JRiver, it seemed a bit more friendly while i was testing it initially, prior to purchase). Right now I can get the PCM on my receiver to play thru fine on the current settings, however on playing a DTS/DD file, shouldn't it be switching to DD/DTS like on the other players while streaming? Am I missing something?

By the way, LOVE the player, smooth playback, easy to use, im just perplexed about the HD audio currently, but perhaps It's me, or something im missing too? :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: bitstreaming gives error on HD audio, and/or wont play
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:36:33 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Have you found the wiki topic on bitstreaming?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Connection_Type

MrSavageSK

• Recent member
Re: bitstreaming gives error on HD audio, and/or wont play
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 10:25:19 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Have you found the wiki topic on bitstreaming?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Connection_Type

ty :) yes I have been thru it, and tried pretty much everything, and I always get the error window, with/without videoclock on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up