INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Tag/Library Question  (Read 1826 times)

PNCD1

• Recent member
Another Tag/Library Question
« on: September 05, 2015, 12:10:04 pm »

Running MC20 on Windows.
I have spent the last few hours reading through the Wiki and other posts but not yet found a solution.
I have FLAC files with a custom field ORIGYEAR that I use for the recording year.
I can do a tag dump and see that ORIGYEAR exists in the file.
I used  to create Manage Library Fields to create Recording Year with Search Keyword set to ORIGYEAR and then ORIGYEAR=.
Then I created a library field ORIGYEAR so that the name and caps were identical.
None of the above have worked for me so I am reach out to those more expert to help me with something that has stymied me.
Thank you.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Another Tag/Library Question
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »

so if I'm following you the custom field you first created using other software right?

and you want it mapped to use within JRiver? You are then not seeing this field in a view? If you see it in a tagdump are you not seeing it in the tag window? Have you set the tag window to show the field? Have you included the field in a view or smartlist to show? and it's not showing up?

Normally what you have done is right. Although I'm not sure what you mean by creating "Recording Year" -- the field would have to be [ORIGYEAR]. However if you set this up as a date field externally (date fields are sort of funky) OR maybe you didn't and set the JRiver custom field to date (or it is but the other is not?)

a bit confused as what is not working , maybe you can give some more detail, thanks :)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 02:08:02 pm »

If you have the custom field ORIGYEAR set up correctly in MC, I *think* you need to tell it to read that tag from your files that have already been imported.  MC doesn't look at the tags again after import unless the file changes or you explicitly tell it to.

To tell MC to read your tags from the files again:  Select some files.  Tools > Library Tools > Update Library (from tags).

Brian.

PNCD1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 03:48:55 am »

Thank you both for your feedback.
Having now written a complete description of the enigma I find that it is my error, as expected:  I was updating from library not from tags.
I hang my head in shame and thank you for your time.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up