INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I normalize my audio files of my Flac compilation in the file itself?  (Read 3018 times)

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello,

I am making some compilations. I am not a hero in these kind of things and do it wrong Probably.

I just rip the songs of different cd's I like in Flac, then get them all together in a map. The rename them (just the order); then run them into MP3tag, change the things that could confuse (like the original album name, getting, the name of my compilation, adding a cover of my choice for all).

Now this works fine, except that the volume is not leveled. Yes I understand how to play them back in JRiver, with DSP leveling, but what I want to do is that the files themselves are leveled, not the sound output.

Why? Well just as I want them to play also on my portable player, in my car and so on.  AS4U should do that, but I heard this is an infected program. I not know if I can with JRiver, and if not, what should be the way to do this.

Less important, but also handy is that the tracks run smoothly in each other. I explain. I made a Pink Floyd compilation. Now some tracks (from DSOTM), stop abruptly as they go on in the next song. Yes I know MC can also let them run over in each other, which I do, but on the portable player, this not work of course.

Thanks for your help!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

too many steps!

rip the tracks in MC.  tag the tracks in MC, all with the same album name.  then select all the tracks, right click>library tools>analyze audio

JRiver will then add R128 volume leveling to the track. 

when you use MC to put the tracks onto your portable, apply volume leveling DSP and JRiver will level the tracks as it puts them on your portable.

no need for any other program at all to do any of these things

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks for your response, MC can even do more then I thought. I check it out, but not understand, how MC put the tracks  on my portable, FIIO X 3 device.  Normaly I take the folder and paste it to it.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

indieke

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Can I normalize my audio files of my Flac compilation in the file itself?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 05:57:34 am »

Thanks for all this information. My files play all with the same output. ;D

Just one more question. What happens, if I just analyze audio, and cut paste on my sdcard, used in my player, or on a Usb stick for my car. Will the leveling be gone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up