INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort search results (Thumbnails Style)  (Read 1622 times)

rito

• Recent member
Sort search results (Thumbnails Style)
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:33:37 pm »

Hello!

Could anyone please tell me if what I want to achieve is even possible? And, if yes, please tell me how to do it ;)

My default view is "Recent Albums" from the Audio tree. Here the albums are sorted by import date. The List Style is "Thumbnails"

Quite often I want to look at all albums I have from an artist, so I click on the little triangle in the Artist coloumn (in the File List).

JRiver shows all the albums from this Artist (so far so good), still sorted by import date i.e. "Recent Albums"

BUT what I would like to see is the all the albums (Thumbnails) by this artist sorted by Year, after doing the above search (clicking on the triangle is nothing else but doing a search I suppose).  Is this possible?

Sounds quite easy, but I find no way how to do this.

Thanks for your help!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sort search results (Thumbnails Style)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 08:32:44 am »

yes you can do this ... goes for any view....

Right click on the view choose customize view.

the wizard box opens... choose to add or leave alone the categories you want. Re-order them if you want too.

for sort orders and other filters in the middle settings box click on the three dots in front of set rules for file display in the modify results box choose sort by and do what ever you want by adding fields (or removing/re-ordering them°

You can also change what recent means to you eg/ 2 days two months etc. in the rule section)

I no longer have any default views, but this works for all views and is very powerful. Hope this helps :)

rito

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:11:07 am »

Thank You. I think that was what I was looking for :)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 01:16:54 pm »

no problem happy listening :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up