INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: blu-ray music audio problems  (Read 1451 times)

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
blu-ray music audio problems
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:35:06 pm »

Still on MC 19 today, I write here to see if MC21 could improve my experience with this new blu-ray DVD PC player.
It's the first time that I plug a TV screen on my 7.1 audio system.  An internal REM 32AES audiocard is feeding 4 dacs and 4 poweramps plug to 1 sub, 2 woofers, 2 mids and 2 tweeters.  A not so complicated MC19 DSP multi-channel digital filtering setup works perfectly with stereo flac or wave 16 or better 24 bits files.
A new internal Blu-ray player was installed today to my  win8 PC and so for the recommended  anyDVD-HD software.
Though, results are not exactly what I was expecting.  I've tried 3 different Blu-ray DVDs.  The video parts are fine but the music tracks range from low to awful quality.
The Miles Davis LPCM stereo recording at Montreux is the best one but could sound a lot better than this.
The Joe Bonamassa live from New-York master audio 5.1, sounds quite bad.  A question of to many channels inputs or this show is that bad?

The third one is a movie 5.1 dth-hd,  no audio at all ??

I Wonder if only stereo input videos can run on my 7.1 multi-chanel setup, not a home Theater setup?  
If it's the case, how can I improve the audio performance from blu-rays?

Any suggestions?

Thank-you
jacques

jacqlan111

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: blu-ray music videos in MC19 or 21 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:38:23 am »

I may have to start with a more basic question.

If the DVD input is in 5.1, and my DSP channel settings in MC use the right and left channels to begin distribution;  (DSP filters are used for frequency cuts)

RL-RR are the woofers
left-right are the mids and
SR-SL for tweeters
center for reference channels REW readings

copy right to Sub
add left to sub
copy left to center
copy right to center
copy left to RL
copy right to RR
copy right to SR
copy left to SL

The question is, if the DVD input is 5.1, do I have to copy all channels to left and right in first place, then my actual distribution?  And what it would looks like?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: blu-ray music video problems
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »

While I can not answer all your questions, I can comment that in MC19 (unless you installed a specific DLL ad on), you will only be getting the DTS Lossy Core from the DTS-HD MA tracks.  MC21 will now decode the full lossless DTS-HD MA so that will sound better.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up