INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Images  (Read 2032 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Artist Images
« on: September 06, 2015, 06:08:46 pm »

I just upgraded several items on my computer (Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 Pro 64, and MC 20 to MC21).

At some point recently (prior to the upgrade), I noticed a bunch of wrong cover art.  I figured now would be the time to clean it up.  My audio library breaks down into two main categories, Albums and Live (non-released) Recordings.  The Live ones don't typically have cover art associated with the album, so I want to display Artist Images.  I went through and removed the cover art from the offending albums in batch.  I then attempted to use Cover art > Get Image from Last.fm, but noticed that was putting images into my directory that ended with some odd extensions (like Aerosmith.010).  I then when to google, grabbed an image and saved it in there, but nothing is showing at the artist level views. 

Is there a trick to this?  I figured just putting a file named Aerosmith.jpg in the Media Center 21\ Cover Art \ Artist directory would make it magically show up.  Yes, that is the directory setup in the preferences, I triple checked. 

Thanks!

--Ryan

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Re: Artist Images
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 06:31:44 pm »

I noticed the same thing and posted about it here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99674.0

It's probably due to last.fm changing their website.  If you rename the extension to jpg, the image works.  It's an extra manual step until a fix comes from last.fm or JRiver.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 06:58:11 pm »

But I should just be able to place a file in Cover Art\Artists, and have it show.  That isn't working right now for me.  The last.fm thing is annoying, but even just pasting a file in there from google isn't giving me artist images at all.

Good to know about renaming the file to jpg, at least easier than going to get new images.

Edit: Wonder if this is a Windows 10 thing.  I took the same artist image and pasted it in my server's Artists directory and it showed on the server.  But on the HTPC, which is running 10, I do not see a single artist level image.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:03:21 pm »

Have you tried Cover Art > Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory ?  I think that makes it go look in those defined directories for the named files you described.

Brian.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »

Have you tried Cover Art > Quick Find in File/Cover Art Directory ?  I think that makes it go look in those defined directories for the named files you described.

Brian.

Yup, seems to do nothing.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 07:17:55 pm »

Well, never mind...  A reboot seems to have made all the images show up from the server.  I synced, exited, closed the server, etc.  We'll chalk that up to magic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up