INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 and ASUS (updated)  (Read 3733 times)

BayensF

• World Citizen
Windows 10 and ASUS (updated)
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:49:05 am »

Dear all,

Just a warning about ASUS D2X Soundcard users, using ASIO in Win7. ASUS does not provide (yet) ASIO drivers for WIN 10, the latest driver's from ASUS are for Windows 8.1. No update.
I was on Windows 7 and ASIO for my system http://difibay.synology.me/index.html and did the Windows 10 upgrade. After it I was not able to access my Soundcard with the ASIO setup.

Good or bad? Good because now it's running WASAPI the system has much more power. In the past I could go to 60% volume before it start hurting my ears, now with 30% it's already the case.
It seems that with ASIO it missed some bits. Anyway be aware of it.

I had also some other (minor) issues during the Windows 10 upgrade, these are already posted by others in this forum.

Enjoy!

PS Thanks for the ones replied to my Original message, yes this is about ASUS and not Microsoft Win 10

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows 10 and ASIO
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:40:07 am »

Windows 10 does not support ASIO

This is incorrect.  Windows 10's ASIO support has not changed. The hardware vendor will likely need to provide new ASIO drivers, as is almost always the case with major operating system upgrades, and ASUS might not do that with their devices.

Plenty of pro-audio devices already have ASIO drivers updated to work with Windows 10, though. For example, most of Steinberg's current hardware products work fine with it: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/product-compatibility-info-regarding-microsoft-windows-10.html
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 10:40:11 am »

Dear all,

Just a warning about ASUS D2X Soundcard users and/or people using ASIO in general. Windows 10 does not support ASIO and the latest driver's from ASUS are for Windows 8.1. No update.

Do you mean that win 10 doesn't support ASIO for your specific device, or in general?  If you mean the latter, I think you're mistaken. I can tell you that I'm running three different ASIO devices in Win 10 (including an Asus ST), and all are working perfectly.  I haven't seen any evidence (personally or around the web) that windows 10 doesn't support ASIO generally (or at least no evidence that it provides a different level of support than 7 or 8.1 did).  

Whether your specific device has Win 10 drivers is a separate issue.  My Asus ST ASIO driver actually behaves better in Win 10 than it did in Win 8.1 FWIW.

EDIT: ninja'd, but I'll leave my post for the anecdotal "data".

Trumpetguy

Re:
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:03:01 pm »

Lynx asio driver works equally well after upgrade from 7 to 10.

Manfred

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »

My Devialet USB ASIO driver also work with Win 10. It's an Asus Problem.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up