INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: volume control in Theater View  (Read 2142 times)

RoyHifi

volume control in Theater View
« on: September 13, 2015, 07:32:53 am »

Hello,

I usually play music 99% of the time in Theater Mode.  I very much like how the JRiver software finds pictures.
Anyhow, I find the volume control to be awkward to use.  It seems I can only access it only after you press play, then you have to rush down to the volume area and use the keyboard arrows to turn it up or down.  Usually I'm rushing to turn it down from listening to Jazz to Rock.  My music collection is varied and plays at different volumes. 

Is there some better way to access the volume, or does anyone have any suggestions?     

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: volume control in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 09:19:52 am »

Hello,

I usually play music 99% of the time in Theater Mode.  I very much like how the JRiver software finds pictures.
Anyhow, I find the volume control to be awkward to use.  It seems I can only access it only after you press play, then you have to rush down to the volume area and use the keyboard arrows to turn it up or down.  Usually I'm rushing to turn it down from listening to Jazz to Rock.  My music collection is varied and plays at different volumes. 

Is there some better way to access the volume, or does anyone have any suggestions?     

The best solution to that problem is to use JRiver's volume leveling function.  It adjusts the volume at runtime so all music plays at about the same volume.  You have to analyze your library first (See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume_Leveling), but once you do you should rarely have to make big changes to the volume.

Also thater view is designed for use with a remote control.  It's much easier to change volume in theater view with an IR remote or one fo JRiver's remote apps (Gizmo or JRemote).
Pages: [1]   Go Up