INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to create a view that shows my music by year / then alphabetically  (Read 1749 times)

jeffla376

• Recent member

Hi,

I have been a MediaMonkey user for years and recently switched to JRiver due to the cross platform capabilities. I am Having some trouble getting used to the JRiver User Interface and have mostly been frustrated by how difficult it is for me to  see my albums sorted by year. I've attached a screenshot of how it is done in MediaMonkey. I use this view most frequently. Can someone help me set this up (or find it) in MC20?

Jeff

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to create a view that shows my music by year / then alphabetically
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:03:45 pm »

Go to a Panes view that you'd like to modify.  Or create a new one with the Panes along the top that you like.  You have Genre, Album, and Artist in your screen shot.  That's a good place to start.

At the top of the Panes window, you'll see a down arrow next to the name of your view.  Mine is called "Panes".  Click on that down arrow and you'll get a menu.  Set the following:

List Style > Details
Group By >  Album (by Date)
Sort Inside Groups>  Default

That will sort all of your albums by Date, with the newest first.  You can see those dates in the Date column.  You may have to add that column to your view by right clicking on the headers and then finding Date.  You can drag any column to any position to lay it out the way you want it.

Another variation is to set Group By to a different field.  There's a field that seems to be designed for this called Year - Album:

Group By > More Sort Groups (z-a) > Year - Album

That field will show both the album year and the album title in the divider between each album, which may be closer to what you're looking for.  Hopefully one or the other will get you very close to what you want.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up