INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freezing, crashing  (Read 2347 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Freezing, crashing
« on: September 15, 2015, 08:15:30 am »

Can use some help.

MC does the above regularly.  There are certain actions that can cause this at will (importing) but it also regularly happens with the programing running and playing music (could be for hours) with apparently any mouse click.  Importing on a 2nd try but mostly a third try will run the import.  Always happens in the main app (for example NOT Theater View).  The exact visual is a windows spinning circle (which will spin forever), then with any click of the mouse the app goes grey.  If you attempt to close the program it crashes.  If your using the app say to clean up tags, it will run for a while, but ultimately freeze.  At certain times a task manager "end task" is the only way to exit

Attached is my sys info and MC log file.  Would really appreciate a look see.

LarryRup
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Freezing, crashing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:38:26 am »

I took a quick look at your logs

a couple of questions:

seems like you are importing/loading cue sheets -- is this on purpose?

seems like you are running audio analysis on import?

If so, try taking off this option in your import configuration .. do you still have this issue?

Also, did you modify you OS in anyway? I mention this because I see "John Doe" in your system file ... I remember a post in on the computer audiophile board by a user which promoted a "simplified audiophile" windows 8 ... if so this and server OS optimizing is not supported and could be a reason for the hangs, even if some people can get them to work.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:03:47 pm »

Importing cue sheets is not on purpose.  How to stop this?

I am running audio analysis on import.  Saw the option and seemed like that is what I wanted to do.

I turned off the audio analysis (froze on OK :() and it seems to have worked!  I was getting a freeze on start up that lasted about 8 seconds (but always came back) and that seems to have gone away too.  Thanks too much!  Is the problem with turning on this feature with me or MC?

As for "simplified audiophile windows 8 ... if so this and server OS optimizing", I may have done this...can't remember and not exactly sure what this is. I see an item for this in explorer and  do not know how to remove it.

Thanks again,

LarryRup
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:23:59 pm »

sure no problem Larry.

If you don't have need for cue files, I just wouldn't import them. (or maybe even think of physically removing them if they  serve no purpose.) If you want to prevent JRiver from importing certain file type just go to your import options and on  the paths you are "watching" hit the edit button ... under each media type you can click on the file extensions you want or don't want. The only reason you might need cue sheets is if you have one large file for an entire album (I'm not a big fan of this personally) - then of course you need the cue file to break out the tracks. Maybe you were using EAC back in the day and the cue sheets remained? Just guessing though :)

You can use audio analysis on import (I don't, i have a smartlist that indicates what hasn't been analyzed and I run it manually. It makes my import that much faster as audio analysis takes some time. I was guessing that the program was hanging because it was trying to analyze cue files that no longer had files associated with them. If you aren't importing them anymore ... you can turn this option back on.

As for that big ISO file from John Doe you might or might not have loaded, I have no idea how to get your OS back to its original state frankly. I'd hate to steer you wrong about how to go about it, short of a clean Windows install.  Maybe if/when you change to Win10 this would solve itself, but then again it might be ported over too. Sorry I don't really know.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:03:10 pm »

No worries.  Thanks for help!

LarryRup
Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up