INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Australia TV Setup  (Read 24263 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Australia TV Setup
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2020, 06:17:40 am »

Thanks Gents:
- Turns out I have "In over-the-air EPG scan, save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" already checked (so explains why my setup works with Multiple XML Guilds + OTA).
- Good tip on the "Slow" double click to edit the "TV XMLTV ID" (I'll fix my post)

I still think the idea "suggested in Reply #27. i.e. Provide a "Start At" and "Repeat" time period for each EPG collection method/Mode" makes it much easier for users to get their head around how to schedule multiple EPG loading.

Agreed. I would like to think that that sort of configuration flexibility is not too difficult to code in. Let's hope that's the case. Good intel from Yaobing to explain the inner workings. Useful stuff.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2020, 07:36:20 am »

Yes, it will be much easier for users.  I will put it on my list.  It is not a quick fix.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2020, 03:40:26 pm »

Thanks Yaobing.  A+ to your design that already lets Multiple EPGs work! 
I'm not a python at JRiver - just another Aussie

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2020, 04:41:57 pm »

Yes, it will be much easier for users.  I will put it on my list.  It is not a quick fix.

That would be great, thanks Yaobing.

The other issue I mentioned elsewhere is that XMLTV.net doesn't categorise movies the same as other EPG sources. Did you see that thread, and could we see the change I suggested to make it work?

I did some testing last night with the "In over-the-air EPG scan, save programs for channels with empty XMLTV IDs only" setting turned on. I discovered during that process that Network Ten is introducing a new channel, "10 Shake", on September 27th.

In fact, they seemed to be setting up that channel and the EPG for it while I was testing, so I saw my channel mapping to "TV XMLTV ID" change as I ran EPG collections! That was a bit confusing and frustrating for a while there. In the end I set up the collection as it should be after rescanning channels again, and losing all my tagging of channels as Radio, and custom channel sequence in the Guide.  :( It seems to have worked this morning, but I haven't checked the content yet.

So this is what Network TEN did.
Moved 10 HD from channel 13 to channel 1 and 15
Added 10 Shake to channel 13
Moved 14 TVSN to Channel 16, so now 16 TVSN.

I'm still not getting the correct EPG on Channels 1 and 13, so I guess I'll have to see if that sorts itself out, or if a rescan is required.
Wikipedia seems up to date: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_digital_television_channels_in_Australia#Ten_Network_Holdings
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up