INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically start Play Doctor after playlist completes?  (Read 2957 times)

matdraper

• Recent member
Automatically start Play Doctor after playlist completes?
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:17:41 pm »

Hi there, I've had a bit of a hunt and can't find the answer..

Is it possible to automatically start Play Doctor after a playlist completes? For example I could then play an album, then it would carry on playing similar stuff when the album finishes.

Many thanks
-Mat

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatically start Play Doctor after playlist completes?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:37:07 pm »

There are probably a variety of ways to make this happen.  Here's a method I just tried that works:

1.  Clear Playing Now.
2.  Find the album you want to play.  Select it and choose More Play Options > Play (with Doctor).  Now that album and a bunch of related albums are in Playing Now, but the original album is all mixed in with the rest.  Let's fix that.
3.  On the same album click More Play Options > Add (as next to play) .  Now your album is at the top of the mixed list.  You probably have one extra track above it and duplicates mixed in below.  Let's fix that.
4.  Delete the top track in Playing Now.
5.  In the left Navigation Pane, choose Playing Now > Player > Remove Duplicates .

Whew.  Now your album is at the top of playing now, in order, and the "doctored" list is below it, so once the first album finishes, you'll get all of the Doctor results right after.

Brian.

matdraper

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:39:43 pm »

Wow! Thanks for the idea - but I'm after something a little more 'automatic'! Maybe those steps can be added to a custom script or something?

Cheers
-Mat

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »

Not sure how to make it more automatic.   You might get more ideas if you post this in the MC20 or MC21 forum.  More people read those.  :)

Brian.

matdraper

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:47:08 pm »

I will do, many thanks Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up