INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transferring to handheld (Galaxy S5)  (Read 2772 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
transferring to handheld (Galaxy S5)
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:18:05 am »

Hi

I converted my wav library to lossy m4a using dBpoweramp (MC had some error issues I could not get to the bottom of). I used MC to file the tracks Artist, Album etc on my HDD. I then wanted to transfer this 87GB of music to the 128GB microSD card in the Samsung. I selected "Original" in the "Handheld" dialogue in Options because I did not want any re-encoding or converting - just a simple copy-paste. I also selected just m4a file type. MC started OK on the sync then every file gave a Status of "Error" and the transfer rate fell to a crawl.  I aborted after some time. I tried the Samsung Kies3, this started but after 24 hours I had 360 tracks out of 10,082 transferred. So I quit this too.

Feels like I am doing something wrong! Can someone please run through what I need to do to have MC sync tracks to my microSD card in my phone, without any additional conversion, or offer an alternative third party software that is reliable?

Many thanks
Z

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: transferring to handheld (Galaxy S5)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:49:37 am »

Make sure that m4a is included in the 'supported file types' list in the handheld sync advanced options.

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:14:21 pm »

Yes i selected that before. Still got the errors and i notice that there are duplicates even though i created a playlist of my 10082 tracks and set sync to that alone. Odd

Z0001

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 11:43:46 pm »

Im afraid i gave up using MC to sync to galaxy S5 and instread   copied entire music folder to micro SD card when inserted into pc and then found GoneMad player which recognizes album artist metadata and plays well. Still use MC to order my files and as home theatre player

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 09:45:08 am »

Just to be 100% clear, when you go into Options -> Handhelds, select "Files, Paths, & More," at the end of that list it will say "Supported Types," is 'm4a' or '*' in that list?

Z0001

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 07:55:22 pm »

It is in the list. In fact i cleared the list and added m4a. It may be that some of my rips are "bad" in that in a dBpoweamp sense they are not "Secure" "Accuraterips". MC also does not like to convert these bad rips, however many play just fine. GoneMAD seems a good player

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 09:15:38 pm »

Is it possible that your phone is locked when trying to start the transfer? Are you syncing to a folder with the correct permissions on the phone?
Pages: [1]   Go Up