INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting A Remote DAC and headphone amp  (Read 2059 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Connecting A Remote DAC and headphone amp
« on: September 19, 2015, 04:25:24 pm »

Another (perhaps ) beginners' question..

I am running MC and MC remote software through an Android Pad, using a dedicated PC, an OPPO 105 and Western Digital NAS attached to my WIFI system on the main floor of my home. -- Currently, music only.

I would like to add the capability of selecting (via the Android pad) and listening to a music selection through headphones in another location in my house.  I realize I need a headphone amp and headphones, and I happen to have an integrated amp that I am not currently using, which might suffice for the amplification.

Do I need a second DAC?  And is it possible -- and what is the best way -- to communicate with MC and the NAS?  How do I get the desired music files from the NAS to a DAC and headphone amp?

Thanks Much.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Connecting A Remote DAC and headphone amp
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »

You may get a faster response if you were to post this question in the appropriate board.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »

Sorry -- I jumped too quickly!  I have re-posted as per your suggestion.  any comment would be appreciated.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 01:53:34 am »

JRemote is by far the best way to remotely hook in.  You'll need to hook the DAC/AMP to MC through either network or DLNA.  JRemote has a fantastic zone selection, just set your headphone setup to a zone and enjoy

Personally, the easiest way (which I most often use) is a nice portable DAC/AMP (like a fiio e17) and a tablet/phone...I do a lot of my listening this way and it's flawless and super easy

I do run DLNA to an integrated amp through a WDTV box, any receiver that has DLNA or network should work the same way
Pages: [1]   Go Up