INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: getting movie & tv info in a loop  (Read 16193 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
getting movie & tv info in a loop
« on: September 20, 2015, 03:33:16 am »

Every time I check for movies and tv info it says importing 1 of 8.
It goes through to the end but nothing is imported.
How do I stop this odd behavior
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

CountryBumkin

Re: getting movie & tv info in a loop
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 01:27:53 pm »

Maybe it is importing, but the files are not going where you expect them to go. This can happen if the Media type is wrong (should be marked "Audio" but it gets marked "Video", etc.)
Go to "Playlists>Smartlists>Imported This Month" and see if they are as being imported.

Here's an example of the problem. The fix is to change the tag (in this case "Audi" to "Video" by selecting the item and hitting F2 key to enter edit mode.)

maid

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 07:15:32 pm »

they are not importing as i can do this 10 times and it still says ts importing 1 of 8
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 12:14:38 am »

I take it that you are actually running the "Get Movie & TV Info" task, rather than importing new media files into MC?

Also, you are trying to run it against 8 files at once, it says it is importing data, but no extra metadata (description, episode name, categories, etc.) is visible?

Run the "Get Movie & TV Info" task for one of the problem files at a time, and see if it actually finds a match for the program. If you select multiple files, even if it does not find a match for them, I'm pretty sure that it still says "Importing 1 of 8", but downloads no data.

If that isn't the issue, are you doing this on a MC Client, or the MC Server?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maid

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 12:50:53 am »

Clicking run auto import now.
Also set on Auto import
Cant see any unassigned files how can I run them one at a time ?
doing this through the local network as always, never had this issue before

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 01:47:05 am »

Okay. Your first post was ambiguous, so I was just covering bases.

Follow CountryBumkin's post. Specifically:
Go to "Playlists>Smartlists>Imported This Month" and see if they are as being imported.

Are there no new files imported?
The new TV programs and Movies will be at the top. If you add the column "Date Imported" to that Smartlist you will be able to see more easily what has been imported and when.

Let us know if nothing new is being imported, but you are sure that there are new files to import.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maid

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 01:57:57 am »

Hi, nothing in recently imported. but still keeps trying on 8 tv or movies

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 07:36:32 am »

Perhaps try importing one file at a time. Maybe one of the files is messed up and stopping the auto import process.

You can use the Explorer feature in JRiver. In Standard View go to "Drives and Devices" then "Explorer". If you don't see the "Explorer" button, you will need to turn it on at Tools>Options>General>Features, then put check mark in box for Explorer.

From Explorer, expand the drives and folders tree to find the Drive and Folder where your new files are stored (such as "Recorded TV" or C:\Users\UserName\Video\JRiver\TV Recordings", etc.). Find the file (or folder) you want to import and right-click on it, then select "Import Into Library".

At the bottom of the Standard View there will be an "Import Summary" screen. You can click on "Details" if it the import didn't work.

maid

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 06:19:46 pm »

I dont record tv and the files I have I get on my office computer then I put them directly into my watched folders on the HTPC.
I have individually tried the auto import on the individual drives.
If I import into library will that not double up the files or overwrite mt tags ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »

I dont record tv and the files I have I get on my office computer then I put them directly into my watched folders on the HTPC.

Okay. I do that as well. It is a good way to control how files are added to MC.

I have individually tried the auto import on the individual drives.
Noted.

If I import into library will that not double up the files or overwrite mt tags ?

Okay, this is confusing. MC doesn't copy any files when importing into the Library. It just creates a record of the file in the Library. As you are having trouble with these 8 files, I assume that there is no record for them visible in MC at the moment.

MC also doesn't normally import any file more than once, so it won't create a duplicate record in the Library. MC does keep track of files that have been imported and deleted from the Library, then if you import them again, it will use the original information for the file that is stored in the Library, so tags won't be lost. Unless you force that to happen, by deleting the record out of MC before re-importing. But that is getting ahead of ourselves.

First, I assume when you wrote "mt tags" that you meant MC tags? Please correct me if I am wrong here, as I don't know what "mt tags" means otherwise.

Next, I am assuming that if you actually add more files to your watched directories, and then run Auto-Import, some of the files are in fact imported, but 8 files aren't. So if you add 2 files, MC says 10 are being imported, but only 2 new files show up in the Library. Also, if there are no new files in your watched directories, Auto-Import still tries to import 8 files, but doesn't import anything. Correct?

You would see this behaviour if you imported 8 files earlier, then deleted them from your Library but not from the hard drive, so that the files are still in one of your watched directories, but won't get imported if you have told MC not to import files that have been previously deleted.

When you configure Auto-Import, one of the options is "Ignore files previously removed from the Library". This is the setting that defines how MC will treat files it finds on the hard drive, but knows they have been deleted from the Library previously, so won't import them again. I suggest that you untick this setting, and then run Auto-Import again, and see if the 8 files are imported.

NOTE: Unticking this setting hasn't always worked for everybody, so it may not for you. If the 8 files aren't imported again for you, then take a look at the Auto-Import Summary (see image of an example below) and see what MC says it did. Copy the Summary text and paste it into a post in this thread. Then click the Details button (see image of an example below) and once again, check what happened. You will see in my example that 8 files I have previously deleted were skipped by the import process. In your Auto-Import Details, you should see which files were not imported, which will allow you to decide if you want to keep them and re-import them, or delete them from the drive using Windows Explorer. Again, copy the Details text and paste it into a post in this thread.

Once you have done the above, we will see if you still need further help. If the above doesn't work, there is still a way to fix the problem, but it requires a little more work.

maid

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 10:34:34 pm »

Ignore files previously removed from the Library not ticked.
 Auto-Import still tries to import 8 files, but doesn't import anything
I just put over 1 file and it only says imported 1 file but still looking for the 8

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 11:36:21 pm »

Copy the Summary text and paste it into a post in this thread.

Again, copy the Details text and paste it into a post in this thread.

maid

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 12:09:03 am »

Library now has 27486 files. Search and update took 0:21.

Imported 0 new files.

In-depth details:

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 02:18:55 am »

Well that is the Summary. What did it report when you clicked the Details button? See my example above.

You don't need to post an image like I did. I just did that so we were all on the same page as to what we were looking at.

Just post the TEXT from the Details dialogue. It can be copied and pasted in he normal Windows way.

maid

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 02:23:14 am »

isnt that what I have posted above

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 03:18:39 am »

No. It even says Import Summary at the top.

You need to click on the "Details" button in that dialogue box, to get the Details dialogue, as per my sample image above.

maid

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 03:24:20 am »

I thought this was the details

Library now has 27486 files. Search and update took 0:21.

Imported 0 new files.

In-depth details:

CountryBumkin

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:53 am »

what type of video files are these (mkv, iso, m2ts, etc.)?
How big is a single video file (i.e. 2.1GB)?
Can you proved a description (folder/path) of where the files are stored (such as c:\Temp\videos) and where they are being imported to (like D:\JRiver\Video)?  Is the Temp location and location you are importing to on the same computer?

Perhaps some additional info will help us figure out what is going wrong.

maid

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 06:18:55 pm »

As I have said in my post
I transfer the files from my desktop into the folders on the HTPC then do an auto import when there is nothing to import it still says looking for 1 of 8.
I have also manual imported each individual folder and nothing is imported.
I have no idea which files it is trying to import.
I dont know what else to tell you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 06:58:30 pm »

Thanks for providing the Details Maid.

As the Details confirm that nothing was skipped, and nothing was updated, my personal response if this was happening on my system would be not to worry about it.

But if it does concern you, the first image you provided in the last post, showing the "File: 1 of 8" message, also shows that at that time MC was trying to "Get movie & TV Info" and not trying to import new files. That is an important distinction. In fact, if your first post had said;
Every time I check for new files to import by running Auto-Import, I get the message "Getting movies and TV info", and it says importing 1 of 8.
It goes through to the end but nothing is imported.
How do I stop this odd behavior

Then we may have progressed much faster. Not to worry. We have now made progress.

It appears that MC thinks some files have not been updated with information from TheTVDB, so it keeps trying to get that information. This probably shouldn't be happening, as the 8 files involved probably should be marked as having been looked up on TheTVDB already. But I don't think it is doing any harm. I am not sure how often MC tries to find a program on TheTVDB if it doesn't find it the first time. I thought it waited some time before trying again as well, rather than trying every time.

Anyway, there is only one way to possibly find out what is going on, and that is to create a log file of the process, and find someone who is able to interpret the log. First, let's create the log.

Instructions for creating a log can be found here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52448.0
Those instructions are focussed on TV problems, but you should be able to understand what to do from them.

Specifically:
1. Go to Help > Logging..., and make sure "Output to a log file" check box is checked.
2. Restart (recommended) MC or click "Reset Log".
3. Run the Auto-Import process and check that the message we are talking about occurs.
4. When Auto-Import finishes go  straight to Help > Logging..., and click "Report Problem...".
5. Note in the pop up Information window where the zip file has been saved. It should be on your Desktop, and the file will start with "JRiver Log".
6. Find the zip file and attach it to a post in this thread. It should be pretty small.

7. Go to Help > Logging..., and uncheck "Output to a log file" to turn logging off.

Then we will see if there is any hint as to what the problem is. I make no guarantee that I will be able to read what is in the log though. We may need some help with that.

maid

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 07:08:32 pm »

Here you go and thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 10:35:55 pm »

Okay, the 8 files that Auto-Import is looking up are listed below.

T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna\Season 4\Wicked Tuna S04E01.mp4
T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna\Season 4\Wicked Tuna S04E02.mp4
T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna\Season 4\Wicked Tuna S04E04.mp4
T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna\Season 4\Wicked Tuna S04E13.mp4
T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna\Season 4\Wicked Tuna S04E14.mp4
T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna\Season 4\Wicked Tuna S04E16.mp4

The only information on TheTVDB for these six programs is the Episode name and first aired date. Not much, but there is a record. The TheTVDB Series ID is 257494.

T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna North vs South\wicked tuna north vs south s01e09.mp4
T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna North vs South\Wicked Tuna North vs South S01E10.avi

This series, "Wicked Tuna: North vs South" seems to also be called "Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks". These two programs have a bit more information, including a description. TheTVDB Series ID is 284370.

The "Get movie & TV Info" process run during Auto-Import seems to be finding one result for each of these, so I would have expected that to satisfy MC, and it wouldn't look again. But obviously something isn't right about the lookup. That isn't all that unusual with TheTVDB.

You should be able to fix the problem by manfully running "Get movie & TV Info" against each of them, and selecting the correct record from TheTVDB. Then try running Auto-Import again, and the problem should be gone.

If this happens in the future, create a log file as above, then open the log file in Windows Notepad and search for "Getting movie & TV info:". The files being looked up will be listed to the right of that text, on the same line. The line in the log file will look something like this;
0051000: 1116: Import: GetVideoMetadata: Getting movie & TV info: T:\TV Series\Wicked Tuna North vs South\wicked tuna north vs south s01e09.mp4

Let us know if the above didn't fix the problem.

maid

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 11:28:13 pm »

did not help.
I removed some that I have watched so that has reduced it down a bit.
The ones it looks for have a title but no description yet it still looks for the info
If there is any way I can stop it looking or just wait till I delete them

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 12:10:07 am »

Hmmm. I simulated the lookup for a few of your files individually and it all worked. Auto-Import didn't try to look them up again, as long as I did the lookup one file at a time.

The only way I know for sure to stop it is to turn off the "Get movie & TV Info" check box in the Auto-Import configuration settings. But that would mean that none of your imported files would be looked up on TheTVDB. Probably not what you want to do.

There are other things we could try, like checking tags on all the files, to confirm that the had the correct values. Tags such as [TheTVDB Series ID], [Media Type], [Media Sub Type], and so on.

You could try turning off the "Get movie & TV Info" check box in the Auto-Import configuration settings, running Auto-Import, then turning on the check box again, running Auto-Import again and see if MC corrected itself.

Or maybe deleting the remaining files from the Library (not from the drive), then re-importing them, which may correct the problem.

But frankly I would just be guessing as to the cause of the problem.

If you can live with it until those files are watched and deleted, then let's leave it there, now that you know which files are a problem.

maid

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 02:01:40 am »

something really weird is happening.
I have x factor season 7 ep1 get movie and tv info worked fine (see image)
tried for ep 4 and get nothing.
If I change the ep number on the ep 1 to 4 it gets the info.
I have tried copying the info from the first one and pasting this into the ep 4 but still nothing.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 03:44:11 am »

No, that isn't weird. It is just one of the things that happen with matching EPG data to TheTVDB.

Your EPG Guide data has called the program "The X Factor AU", while TheTVDB has called it "The X Factor (AU)". That sort of thing happens. My guide data just calls it "The X Factor", since I am in Australia, so I would need to change the "Get movie & TV Info" lookup term to find the right program information, or select the correct series from the list TheTVDB presents. You need to do the same thing. Once you have picked the correct series though, MC should remember which is the correct series and find future programs correctly. At least that is what I believe. I haven't completely tested that functionality.

Just search for ""The X Factor S7E4", and then pick the correct series name as per my example image below.

maid

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 04:09:11 am »

Tried changing the title many different ways still no luck.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 06:12:33 am »

Okay. I can get it to work all sorts of ways. But it does work best if the file has the correct tags. So check them for the file giving you trouble and see if they are right.

Series = The X Factor
Season = 7
Episode = 4

Also check the files for both episodes and see if they have the tag "TheTVDB Series ID" set to 75393.

Then try to Get movie & TV Info again, and select the (AU) version from the list if you get it.

maid

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 06:34:43 pm »

still no luck.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 07:13:08 pm »

Try changing the Series name to just "The X Factor" rather than "The X Factor AU".

maid

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 07:54:17 pm »

I have tried many different combinations when searching All fail. I have even removed the tag still it fails.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 08:16:21 pm »

Frustrating isn't it.  ?

In my last suggestion, I meant you to try changing the [series] tag on the file to just "The X Factor", rather than changing the search field to that. Did you delete the [series] tag? You will need that, or should, for it to work. MC needs the [series], [season], and [episode] tags to successfully look up TheTVDB. Even when you change the contents of the search field in the lookup dialogue, MC still seems to use some of the tag information for the search.

If changing the [series] tag to just "The X Factor" doesn't work, then the problem could be that we are running different versions of MC. I am on 21.0.9 now. What are you running?

Also, one idea that shouldn't make a difference, but may, is that you are using a different Skin to me. I am using the standard Noire skin. Perhaps if you changed to that skin and tried the lookup, just to eliminate possible differences between skins.

maid

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »

I am using 20.0.131
I have removed from the library re imported and changed the series to remove the AU nothing works.
The odd thing is as I said earlier episode 1 worked even with the AU perhaps that has changed something ????? and yes very frustrating

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

The odd thing is as I said earlier episode 1 worked even with the AU perhaps that has changed something ????? and yes very frustrating

Usually when the first episode in a series is looked up on TheTVDB and successfully found, then "TheTVDB Series ID" tag is filled in with the correct number, which then makes future lookups for that series easier and more accurate. Basically MC says, "Okay, when I look up that series, I use that Series ID, and I should find the correct episodes." The process seems to have work in the opposite way for you!

I have just about run out of ideas, because I can look up the episodes with the "AU" or "(AU)" or with any suffix on the series name. I can also get it to work for any episode in Season 7. There is obviously some difference between our two installations.

Did you try changing the skin to Noire? You can change it back easily enough after a test lookup.
You could try upgrading to MC20.0.132 as well, although I don't see any changes that would fix this issue.

---------------------
Wait. Another idea. Try changing the search field contents to "75393 S7E4". This also works for me. See image.

maid

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 09:45:02 pm »

Updated tried Noire skin. tried your other suggestion still no look. This is weird

maid

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »

updated to 21 but still the same issue

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 10:55:55 pm »

Can you look up www.TheTVDB.com manually okay? In fact, click this link to check: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75393

EDIT: You upgraded to MC21 while I was typing the post below? Cool.  8)
You have started on a new topic on me!!!  8)
There are a lot of threads around here that explain how to upgrade and retain the library and settings.

Basically, back up you current MC20 Library,
turn off all Windows start options in MC20 (Run on windows startup: Nothing),
reboot your PC,
do the upgrade by running the MC21.0.x installation program,
optionally copy over Cover Art from the MC20 directory structure to the correct new location under the MC21 directory,
start MC21, make sure you stop the Auto-Import that will start after 45 seconds or so, look in the action window, bottom left, to stop it,
restore the MC20 backup into MC21,
set the MC21 Media Server to start with Windows,
if you normally run Windows with a normal user account (not an Admin user), then reboot your PC and log in as an Admin user, then run MC once,
reboot your PC (yes, again).

Then there are maybe a few settings that need a bit of tweaking in the Options settings, such as file locations for automatic backups, maybe Cover Art. etc.
MC21 will rebuild thumbnails for itself, rather than bringing them over from MC20, so you may see that happening.
You may also need to run TV setup again as well, as there have been a lot of changes there.
Plus of course you will need to install your new MC21 licence, but that is explained in the emails you will receive from JRiver when you buy the upgrade.

Then once you are really happy with MC21, after a few weeks, you can uninstall MC20. To do that, first you must start MC20 once, close it, then uninstall it. Then start MC21 again.

Simple huh? If you are going to do it, print this post first, so you can tick off the items as you do them.

Do some research. There have been a lot of improvements already in MC21, particularly in the TV area.

maid

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 12:49:16 am »

I can lookup manually in tvdb not a problem

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 03:40:34 am »

How about you run another log for me. This one for the "Get movie & TV Info" only.

Specifically:
1. Go to Help > Logging..., and make sure "Output to a log file" check box is checked.
2. Just click "Reset Log" to clear out the log this time.
3. Run the "Get movie & TV Info" with the search text equal to exactly and only "The X Factor S7E4".
3a. If it miraculously finds the series "The X Factor )AU)" this time, select it and click Use this data.
3b. If it doesn't find  the series "The X Factor (AU)" as expect, just click cancel.
4. When it finishes go  straight to Help > Logging..., and click "Report Problem...".
5. Note in the pop up Information window where the zip file has been saved. It should be on your Desktop, and the file will start with "JRiver Log".
6. Find the zip file and attach it to a post in this thread. It should be pretty small.

7. Go to Help > Logging..., and uncheck "Output to a log file" to turn logging off.

I'll compare my log of the process to yours. Maybe there will be a hint in it.

maid

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 03:45:28 am »

As requested..

CountryBumkin

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 12:19:18 pm »

I don't see any signs of "Importing" activity.

You should (1) "reset the log" then (2) try to import the 8 files again, then (3) go back to Help>Logging and click "Report Problem" (to create new log) and send it.

It looks like you may have just cleared (reset) the Log and then sent it.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________
This is what a portion my log looks like (after doing a "reset" then an Import):

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 06:02:25 pm »

As requested..

It appears that the [Media Sub Type] tag on the S7E4 episode of The X Factor is set to "Movie" instead of "TV Show". Your log shows that MC is looking up a movie, and not a TV show.

I thought of this way back, but assumed that you got this episode from the same source as the S7E1 episode, and so if it worked, it must have had the correct [Media Sub Type], and therefore so should S7E4. Apparently not. I should have asked you to check.

But I am curious. Didn't the problem episode show up under the Video/Movies menu/navigation bar at the left of the MC window, instead of the Video/Shows menu? It certainly does on my system, and by default one icon is shown, rather than a Series name at the top, and an Episode name down the bottom. See first image below.

When the [Media Sub Type] tag is correctly set to "TV Show" the episode will show under the Video/Shows menu/navigation bar, as per the second image below. The "Get movie & TV Info" will then work for the program.

Check the other episodes and programs you have where the "Get movie & TV Info" isn't working. They may also have the wrong [Media Sub Type]. Also, if you think some programs should have imported in the past, and they didn't appear in the Video/Shows menu, check in the Video/Movies menu. You may just find them there.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »

I don't see any signs of "Importing" activity.

We are way beyond the initial question in this thread CountryBumkin. Maid has been doing the logs correctly, the way I have asked for them.  :D

We pretty much gave up on the original issue with the eight files not "importing", if you read back. They actually were imported already, but just weren't getting Movie & TV Info. I think those would have been fixable, but it would mean deleting them from the library, deleting the retained records in the "deleted files" database (which would require building a view, for which I would have to find Glynor's post on the topic), and then re-importing them back into MC.

That would be too much work I think. Although maybe the original problem was also just incorrect [Media Sub Type] tags. Might have a look . . . No. The original files were all correctly tagged as TV Shows.

maid

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 06:35:19 pm »

whoop whoop its fixed.
I can't believe I missed that!!!
Soooo many things to check.

Thank you so so much for your help  :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 11:08:24 pm »

Excellent.  :D

maid

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »

I now this is off subject but I have upgraded to 21 and my husbands zone has gone.
How do I recover that as it had equalizer settings in it.

maid

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2015, 10:23:32 pm »

not too worry sorted.
I have restored a library that was the wrong one. all done and working

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2015, 01:15:38 am »

Excellent again.  :D

There are few tricks and gotchas to the MC20 to MC21 upgrade process. That is why I listed the steps I think should be done to guarantee a clean transition, in Post 36 above. Not all of the steps are always required, but doing them avoids some issues.

Take another look at those before you uninstall MC20, if you haven't done that already.

maid

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 01:28:59 am »

point taken, will do that ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up