INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to MC, can't figure out how to search the EPG, can't get TV to show on Mac  (Read 1797 times)

completelyhis

• Recent member

I have a master license and an installation on a PC, another on a Mac. On the PC I have the TV enabled, i can set recordings, etc. but i have no clue how to search the EPG. also, i have a mac, and I can't seem to get TV enabled. i have the HDHomeRun cable card device on my network, and i've installed the software on my mac, can watch tv fine there, but when i load jrmc, i don't see anywhere in the settings to enable it like i did on the pc.

bonus question: can i record something on one computer, then watch it on another, if i have jrmc installed on both computers?

thanks,

Ian

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

The Mac version does not support TV currently.  You get TV functionality only on Windows version.

To search EPG in Standard view, go to Television view first (by selecting Television on the Tree in the left panel).  The Search box is in the upper right corner of MC's main window.  Type a phrase there, the display in the EPG window automatically shows search results.

For search in Theater View, see attached screenshot.

Yes, you can record TV shows on one computer and watch them on another.  You need to set the computers up as server and clients respectively.  The computer doing the recording is the server.  Please read the wiki on Media Server.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up