INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album cover Error since upgrading to MC21  (Read 2932 times)

Richard Head

• Recent member
Album cover Error since upgrading to MC21
« on: September 23, 2015, 06:28:53 am »

Hi guys

Running "El Capitan” OSX on 27” iMac and since upgrading to MC21 the “Display” and "Playing Now” areas of MC21 aren’t loading/showing cover art.
Anyone else having the same problem. Worked fine in MC20

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album cover Error since upgrading to MC21
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 08:22:27 am »

I'm guessing your cover art is not stored inside of the media files, but rather is stored in an external directory.

Pull up the Tagging Pane for one of your files that won't show art and look at [Image File] and see where MC thinks your cover art is at.

The other possibility (but I'm less sure) is that thumbnails haven't been rebuilt.  Test it on a couple of files by right clicking on the file and then Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail.  If that happens to work, you can rebuild all thumbnails en-masse with Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build missing thumbnails .

Brian.

Richard Head

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 11:05:07 am »

Hi,
Thanks for replying to my problem. The Image File Tag states “inside file” which I assume all tracks within the folder, individually, have the cover art included in the tags and don’t need an actual JPG in the Album folder.
Having said that I’ve pulled a copy of the cover art from the internet and put it into the album folder as a “folder.jpg”. Rebuilt thumbnail and still no correct display of cover art in Display/Playing Now.
Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

? ? ?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 09:12:38 am »

I haven't seen this problem before.  Hmm...

Do you seem album thumbnails when you look in a graphical view like Audio > Albums ?

How about viewing the art "directly"?  <right click on file> Cover art > View  .  What happens then?

Can you do a screen shot of MC *not* displaying the art where it should be and post it here?  On Mac, shift-Command-3 will save a shot of the whole screen to a file on your Desktop.  If you just want an area, shift-Command-4 will do that.

Brian.

Richard Head

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 10:33:21 am »

Hi

Album Thumbnails in Main Screen are fine
If I view the Art directly (Right Click,Cover Art, View) I get a full screen pic

If I click in area of Display panel or Playing Now Panel - The image seems to be zoomed at 506%, which seems odd, but, I can't change it

Screen Shots as requested

Regards

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 10:53:47 am »

Wow, very strange.  I see you have two tabs open.  Close the extra tab.  Stop playback and restart.

What happens when you go to Display View?   (View > Display View)

Is MC installed in your Applications folder, or are you running it from the DMG?

As you can probably tell, I'm grasping at straws here.

Brian.

Richard Head

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 11:20:14 am »

No Luck I’m afraid, closing the tabs does;t make any difference
and View, Display View just gives me a large black area with what looks like a minute image place holder in the middle although it’s telling me it’s at 506%
do you have any weight with the software writers ?

Regards

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 07:24:00 pm »

I'm using the Windows version, so may not help much. But . . .

If I view the Art directly (Right Click,Cover Art, View) I get a full screen pic

If this image is good quality, and isn't just a stretched thumbnail, then your cover art is still there.

Are you just running MC on the Mac, standalone, or this is happening on the MC Server. This isn't on a MC Client is it?

What happens if in either Display View or Standard View where you see the tiny placeholder image, you right click on the image and select;
Cover Art Scale/100%

Then try;
Cover Art Scale/Stretch

Also, where are you seeing the 506% size reported. I don't see that anywhere.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up