INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote (Android): Search Function  (Read 2560 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRemote (Android): Search Function
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:04:30 pm »

The search function in the main left side menu works.

The search function that shows if you click on an item in the left side menu (say Audio) does not work.  

I added images to make sure it's clear.

Arindelle

Re: JRemote: Search Function
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:19:29 pm »

I'm on IOS not Android so if you are not on an apple device, not sure.

If you are on an apple device using the new version after updating to IOS 9, Im' not sure either as I'm holding back a month before doing that  8)

But if you are on the original JRemote app they both work before the recent updata. The difference is the search on the left is a general search. The search on the top is filtered by the view you have open (likein standard view) If you don't have any views open or if the views do not include what you are searching for, nothing will show ... by design. Click on your "Studio" or "Live" View to test

I really wish they had a general search in standard view, like in JRemote .. just saying :p

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRemote: Search Function
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:21:41 pm »

I'm on IOS not Android so if you are not on an apple device, not sure.

If you are on an apple device using the new version after updating to IOS 9, Im' not sure either as I'm holding back a month before doing that  8)

But if you are on the original JRemote app they both work before the recent updata. The difference is the search on the left is a general search. The search on the top is filtered by the view you have open (likein standard view) If you don't have any views open or if the views do not include what you are searching for, nothing will show ... by design. Click on your "Studio" or "Live" View to test

I really wish they had a general search in standard view, like in JRemote .. just saying :p

Oops, left that detail out, I'll update.  This is the Android app.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: JRemote (Android): Search Function
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:48:00 pm »

The search in the toolbar only searches the current view, not the entire database.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRemote (Android): Search Function
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »

The search in the toolbar only searches the current view, not the entire database.

Aaaah, that makes sense.  I didn't realize that, but can see that it does work to filter the view.  May I suggest that the icon could be different there?  Perhaps a filter instead of a magnifying glass?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up