INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having problems importing music files in MC 20 for MAC  (Read 3954 times)

Maxxwire

• Recent member
Having problems importing music files in MC 20 for MAC
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »

I have been very satisfied with using MC for widows on my PC since v16 so when I got my MAC Mini last December one of the first pieces of software I installed on it was MC 20 for MAC. When I started loading music I noted that something fundamentally different was occurring during the process. When loading music using MC 19 on my PC files containing the music tracks were created within individual folders from which to create playlists, but with MC 20 for MAC the imported music was instead listed as tracks which showed up listed individually all but a very few of which had no more information than shown in the screen capture below which made it much more difficult to create playlists...  

This shows a partial list of the music tracks which I have imported so far. The full list is from one of the folders on the USB drive and MC 20 does not recognize a second file on the drive which also contains music folders. My question is this:  I am currently running 20.0.132 and I am wondering if there is any way to get MC 20 for MAC to recognize the rest of the music on the USB drive and import it as individual folders instead of a long list of tracks?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Having problems importing music files in MC 20 for MAC
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:54:38 am »

MC organizes media primarily by Metadata, not by "folder".  I see you have a bunch of WAV files imported.  Your WAVs may not have Tags in them with metadata like Album, Artist, Name, etc.  I don't see those columns in your screen shot.  Does MC show Album, Artist, etc for your files?

Take a look at the Albums view.  In the left navigation pane, find Audio > Albums.  That may show you more details, or at least give you more information about what metadata your files have.

I'm unclear on what's going on with your other files on the USB drive.  Have you tried to import them using Tools > Import > Import a single folder ?  What happens when you do?

BTW:  MC20 is the older version now.  MC21 has been out for a month or two and is quite stable.  You might want to use it instead.  You can download it from the top of the MC21 for Mac forum:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=45.0

Brian.

Maxxwire

• Recent member
Re: Having problems importing music files in MC 20 for MAC
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 11:46:57 pm »

Thank you so much for your help! I was not only able to import the rest of the music files from that single folder on the drive, but I was then able to create playlists for them from their listings as shown at the top of the screen capture above. The lower part of the graphic also shows how correct you were about the lack of metadata in my ripped WAV files. As I type this I am listening to music that I have not heard for a long time and I have you and your simple instructions to thank.   Maxx
Pages: [1]   Go Up