INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote won't connect  (Read 4304 times)

seric56

• Recent member
JRemote won't connect
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:37:53 am »

I am running 21.08, and now my remotes; iPads and iPhones can not connect. On the iPad I am give the screen to enter access code, username and password but the response tells me, "authentication failed, make sure all values are correct" which they are, nothing has changed on my end.

iPhone only offers me a device to connect to, then tells me either username, password or access key are wrong, but does not offer me a screen to enter them, my guess is it I still it still would not recognize my devices.

This is new behavior.

Please help, I am now remoteless...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote won't connect
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:44:55 am »

On the server, turn Media Network off and back on to get a new Access Key.

seric56

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:10:01 am »

I turned the Media Center off and back on twice and it reissued the same (old) access code each time.

seric56

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 12:26:56 pm »

I should say I turned the Media Network off and then back on again now several times and I still am only given the same old Access key. Any other suggestions?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 04:09:30 pm »

I would try to go simple.  Remove the authentication on the server.  Just make it use the access key.  Uncheck Authentication on the server.  Then try again.  You may have to stop and restart MC for this to take effect.  If that fails, use the IP address of the server directly with port 52199, instead of the access key, in JRemote.

Brian.

seric56

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 11:16:46 am »

Sorry for the late reply...

Nothing works, my remote access is locked out.  It doesn't matter if I use an access key or the IP address I get  this  Error Notice: "Found your computer but authentication failed. If you have a username and password, please enter them and try again" on my Ipad. on my iPhone the error say's "this server requires authentication, but no username and password was provided"  and it doesn't, hasn't and even when provided it tells me they are wrong...

I am stuck with no reomotes  and out of ideas... Please help.

Thanks

mortadelo

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

I have exactly the same problem. Neither Gizmo (which at first seemed to be working just fine) nor JRemote are able to link to my server, either with or without authentication... Help, anyone?

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »

You may have a network issue.  Find the IP address of your Mac.  Now find the IP address of your remote device (android).  Are they in the same range?

It's possible the Mac firewall is on preventing access.

Try using a web browser on your remote (android) to open MCWS on your Mac.  Connect to:

http://your mac's IP adddres:52199/LibraryServer/

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up