INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCUtils  (Read 92788 times)

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: MCUtils
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2021, 05:42:58 pm »

Back on board, looking for help with MCUtils (2021-05-06-1638) amg.pl using strawberry perl portable. How do I copy error messages I'm getting with this new install.. "can't locate....file.pm in @INC".  Right click with mouse not giving option to copy text from the command line. Thanks in advance.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2021, 07:39:46 pm »

Check your messages.

kliclick

• Recent member
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2021, 09:58:23 pm »

Hi, I'm just beginning with MCUtils, which seems to be a very nice work, but have a problem, maybe my English is too bad reading the manual.
I wanted to store in my database the Discogs ID, Master ID if present, Release ID and Artist ID.
In the Discogs ID I wanted to store the Release ID value since you don't always have a Master ID in Discogs database.
I run  the following command : "perl discogs.pl -VV --id r13123919 -T" which correspond to an album without Master ID. The passed id correspond to the Release ID.
The return was something unexpected (see attached image) :
- the returned discogsid is 13123919 (ok, it's the release id as specified)
- discogsmid is m13123919, but this is wrong since a master id does not exist, Discogs pages show only r13123919
- discogsmurl is https://www.discogs.com/release/13123919. This is the Master URL, pointing to a release address (not a master url)
- discogsrid remains blank
For such a case, I expected the master id and master url to remain blank, and the release id and url to be filled.
Using it with an album with both master and release id, no problem, the Release ID is stored as Discogs ID, and all master and release id are filled as expected (at least for me).
Did I something wrong, or does MCUtils supposed to work like this ? Thank you.

kliclick

• Recent member
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2022, 08:19:04 pm »

Hi, I'm just trying to install the latest version (MCUtils_2022-05-27-1705) using Strawberry Perl and the "install_win.bat" batch file for the modules.
But when I try to make a new config I get errors (see attached image) and the result is an empty config file. Any ideas?
Thanks

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2022, 09:29:29 am »

Maybe some bug in code which sets username/passw. You can run it without username and password and then manually add those to minimal config file. There is also a converter for field overwrites you have possible made in the tools folder. Input is your old config file and it prints out changed fields in new format.

I just manually converted my old config in notepad++ by looking syntax from the default config files. If you are using everything as default then I guess all you need is the username/password in the config

HansVanEijsden

• Recent member
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2022, 09:33:04 am »

By the way, for those on MacOS using MacPorts: if you receive errors with missing modules, I've fixed those errors by running these extra commands (the install_osx_macports.sh script didn't install those in my case):
sudo port -N install p5-path-tiny
sudo port -N install p5-hash-merge

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2022, 01:20:02 pm »

Hi Hans, Could you check your inbox here on the forum. When trying to send you a PM it says that your inbox is full.

HansVanEijsden

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2022, 01:23:37 pm »

Hi Hans, Could you check your inbox here on the forum. When trying to send you a PM it says that your inbox is full.
Thanks, done! I had 5 messages there, didn't know that was the maximum. Deleted 4 of them.
By the way, the MCUtils developer contacted me, very kind and fast. My "issue" will be solved in the next release.  :)

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2022, 10:40:24 am »

+1
Thats Mr C.  for ya!

Do read the user manual as well.  Lots of good tidbits in there as well

jvthree

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2022, 03:36:51 pm »

+1 @kliclick same problem with adding new config
set the unm and pwd manually and moving to next step.

jv3

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2023, 11:25:21 am »

Finally getting around to using discogs.pl on Linux to populate some particularly annoying to tag albums from discogs data. Toolbox makes this (sort of) a breeze for Perl and it had no problems with network or https for MCWS. Bravo! Is there a donation link and have you thought of repository-based hosting on Git* or elsewhere so I can stay up-to-date with your development without having to manually check?

A usage question: what's the fastest method of assigning discogs ids to my existing albums from within MCUtils/MC? If I have to do it externally (Musicbrainz, beets, etc.), I figure I might as well just apply the tags externally too and read them back into MC, but where's the fun in that? It would be cool if there was a semi-intelligent dicogs id assignment strategy as part of MCUtils, with user input as needed for edge cases and tag comparisons for overwrite/updates. Am I overlooking something or overthinking this?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2023, 02:10:42 pm »

There is no AI solution yet in the MCUtils  ;D I use MC links to go release pages (MB/Discogs). I have set link query to also to include catalog # so I can get more accurate hit. There is also --search in mcutils which can help. For me as I need specific pressing page that search isn't what i use though. (For movies and series it is a gem)

My workflow is first try Musicbrainz as it may also contain discogs and AM ids (which MCUtils will then fill for you) so I can save some time there.

lpas

« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2023, 11:13:23 am »

I have tried to install mcutils on macOS Sanoma folliowing instructions in the guide (installing Macports, Xcode and command line tools, placing MCUtils folder on Desktop). When I enter " source tools/install_osx_macports.sh" I get - after entering password -:

Error: Port perl5  p5-net-ssleay p5-lwp-protocol-https p5-lwp-useragent-cached p5-mojolicious p5-term-ansicolor p5-file-which p5-text-csv p5-xml-libxml p5-date-calc p5-uri p5-html-encoding p5-json-maybexs p5-json-xs p5-text-unidecode p5-file-slurp p5-ipc-system-simple p5-clone p5-term-readline p5-term-readline-gnu p5-roman p5-path-tiny p5-hash-merge p5-mac-pasteboard p5-future-asyncawait not found
Installation Done

What am I doing wrong?

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2024, 02:29:06 pm »

Is there a suggested upgrade procedure?  I got one folder of many versions ago working, but when I try to download the new version and use that one it doesn't even recognize that I have discogs library fields, for example.  Should I copy a new version over the top of an older one? 

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2024, 03:32:14 pm »

i'm overwriting older version with newer as config file is located in the user folder. for newest version you probably need to update strawberry perl and then run updater.pl from the tools folder to update to used perl libraries

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2024, 04:24:55 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  I don't have an updater.pl file on my system.  I did run the install_win.pl file that is in the Tools folder.

The issue I am having right now, with the latest version is this:

perl discogs.pl -VVV --include discogsid,discogsrid,discogsmid --sequence --id 7260309 -T

gives this error:

Key 'discogsid' is unknown.  The supported keys are:

album            artistid         artisturl        country          datescraped      formatdesc       identifiers      locrecord        name             rurl             tcredits_nr
    albumartist      artistmemberof   artistvariations credits          discnum          formatsextra     image_files      mcutils_version  notes            series           totaldiscs
    artist           artistmembers    barcode          credits_nr       filekey          genre            label            mediatype        publisher        seriesnum        totaltracks
    artistaliases    artistrealname   catalog          date             filename         heading          locengineer      mid              rating           styles           tracknum
    artistbiography  artistsites      companies        daterel          format           id               locmix           murl             rid              tcredits

If I returned to my old version, the command executes normally.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2024, 04:52:06 pm »

Taggers:
  - [Change] The various id and url keys for amg and discogs taggers are no longer prefixed by the
    tagger's name.
So you can lose the discog prefix from the keys
perl discogs.pl -VVV --include id,rid,mid --sequence --id 7260309 -T

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2024, 04:43:39 pm »

Hi all you helpful perl folks!

I've gotten MCUtils up and running and have been able to use pscriptor to fill a lot of values into about 400 files using CSVLookup but have hit a snag.

One of the values in the CSV file is for the [Date] field. The log output from pscriptor seems to show that the value is being sent to MC, but I'm having trouble getting them to appear in MC.

My first run showed no dates in MC (though the pscriptor output in my terminal window said it was sending the proper data). Actually, that's not entirely true. A few of the dates in the CSV are year-only. THOSE dates did show up in MC, but incorrectly--all in the year 1905. Since I only have the year for those files, I'll just fix them manually.

For run #2, I made sure dates were fully padded, with leading zeros for month and day when appropriate (mm/dd/yyyy). This loaded in about 175 of the dates.

Subsequent runs with all files selected and runs with just the missing date files selected in MC did not improve my situation. There are still over 230 files that seem to be acknowledged by pscriptor, but are not showing the data for [Date] in MC.

Any ideas as to what I should try next?

Thanks!
brad

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2024, 05:02:35 pm »

The [date] field in its raw format takes a value that is the number of days since Jan 0 1900 (31.12.1899), with the fractional part being the time portion. This is exactly how Excel handles dates internally too - just enter a date in a cell and have Excel then show it as a number, or vice-versa.

So "2023" is actually 15.07.1905. "1970" is also still 1905, 23.05.1905. The entire century falls in 1905.
It is now 45347.001535764, or just after midnight 25.02.2024 CET.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2024, 08:37:24 pm »

Perfecto!

A little extra munging in my Excel/CSV file and things filled in as expected! Using those raw integer values for the dates was the key.

It is a little strange (in my book) that nearly half of the files worked with my original data (in human-readable form).

Regardless, all dates are present and accounted for, with only about a dozen to enter manually.

Thanks for the pointer!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up