INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese and Chinese input in River  (Read 1692 times)

Bobo_The_Imp

• Recent member
Japanese and Chinese input in River
« on: September 29, 2015, 05:14:01 pm »

I have many pieces of music in my library with Japanese or Chinese titles, and it has come to my attention that the input methods for these languages work in an odd way inside of JRiver. Instead of the characters simply appearing as you write them in the search bar, they appear in the top left of the left-most monitor. I like to keep JRiver on my vertical monitor which resides on the right hand side of my desk (I think it displays more content on my vertical monitor) as such, when typing in a song I want, the characters show up on my left-hand monitor. They will continue to display on the left-hand monitor until 'enter' is pressed when they will finally show up in the search bar. Even when using JRiver on my main monitor (the leftmost one), the characters will still disjoint from the search bar and show up the top left of the very same monitor. It's a small peculiarity and nothing to go home about, but it would be nice if Chinese and Japanese characters displayed inside the search bar as you wrote them. Thank you for your time!

Bobo_The_Imp

• Recent member
Re: Japanese and Chinese input in River
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:14:59 pm »

Displaying all the way on my lefthand monitor from JRiver on my right hand monitor

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 02:40:54 pm »

I think it may be just your input method showing what you typed.  You have to actually select it for it to appear inside MC's search box.  I use Google Pinyin for Chinese input.  When I type, the characters first appear in a box on the lower right corner of the screen.  I have to press space bar to select/accept the characters.  They then go into the box where I am actually trying to type.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Bobo_The_Imp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 04:04:45 pm »

It is indeed showing what I typed. I use the standard Japanese IME input method that comes with windows 7 and up (currently on windows 10). What you've described is essentially the same oddity that I am experiencing, with the only difference being that even after pressing space bar and selecting the characters I must then press 'enter' for them to show up in the search bar. It's at worst a very minor nuisance to begin with, however I must inquire if there would be any interest in further bettering the search bar when using Japanese or Chinese characters? For instance having all inputs display within the search bar at all times?

Thank you so much for your time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up